Part title

I began meditation today with sandalwood incense to draw me to me inward and release thought. I set the intention of releasing my fears and moving forward with grace and strength.
I chose crystals with luscious vibrant colors and felt keenly grateful that each of them should be here with me now. I played my singing bowl to enliven them to the task ahead.
I laid them on starting at my feet. I was acutely aware of the crystals on my legs and solar plexus. There were tingles and pin pricks of energy as the stones awakened my nervous system and etheric bodies.
I called the spirit of the east, a lovely calming soft green energy of spring. It presented in the form of a cool, loving breeze.
I called the spirit of the south, the warm gold yellow energy of summer transmitted through the great central sun.
I called the energy of the west, burning with the red orange fires of autumn. This energy coalesced in the form of the Phoenix and came blasting through a ring of fire that unapologetically burnt a hole through the thin veil separating the worlds.
I called the energy of the north which felt like the cool ocean wave of another world. A world of night with a purple sky and an impossibly deep blue sea full of magical beings. A mermaid greeted me with a splash of her turquoise and deep plum colored tail.
I called the crystalline energy of the earth grid below to rise up and surround me.
Finally, I welcomed the energy of the heavens to surround and protect me on my journey.
As the shamans drum played I felt out in each direction for the spirit who would take me on my journey. It was the Phoenix in the west. There was nothing timid about this energy as it burned through me and swept me up into the air. We merged and I became the Phoenix viewing an arid, jagged mountainous landscape through this keen predators eyes. I felt it's fiery being burning through my physical body, charring and sloughing off old wounds as I was being propelled forward at lightening speed.
On and on we flew covering a seemingly never ending expanse of barren craggy peaks, burning, burning, burning away as we flew. Without preamble we dove from the air straight down to a locked stone circle, huge monoliths devoid of entrance or exit. I knew that we were yet again cutting-no, burning-through an invisible curtain between worlds. We came down upon hard packed brown earth lit only by the fire burning in the middle. There were figures cloaked in black dancing madly around the fire. One by one they violently tore off their cloaks and cast them into the fire. I understood that these cloaks were not mundane clothing but represented the mantle of fear worn by each member of the human family. I felt the Phoenixs' fire burning through me once again, the flames consuming my own mantle of fear.
The great bird dove into the fire and plucked out a dense burning sphere of white hot energy and thrust it into my chest. I felt this heat burning through the shackles surrounding my heart, the warmth spreading out in all directions causing me to twitch and jerk as the pain of heartache and loss was burned away. It brought tears to my eyes, tears of gratitude and release. Thank you!! The words were a powerful vibration screamed from deep within me as hidden parts of myself were uncovered for the first time.
The Phoenix snatched me up and once again we were shooting through the air straight as an arrow, this time bound east toward home. As the desolate mountains receded behind us I felt more than saw the green of kudzu as we raced forward, the plants welcoming me with their soothing harmonious energy, as if they were singing me back to their comforting, healing embrace.
I came back to myself slowly. The fire that burned in my chest simultaneously imparting a feeling of solidity to my limbs. I felt my hands first, burning with the energy of a healer, unwavering, unfaltering, steady and solid as the monoliths that made up the stone circle in that far off land. This feeling of solidity intensified and moved up my arms to my shoulders, then into my feet and up my legs, and finally moving up my spine into my neck and head. I felt as if I were made of stone, heavy, indestructible. And I felt full of love and gratitude for this beautiful experience, for the help from all the forces who assisted me on this beautiful journey within myself.
I released all of these energies with gratitude and love and opened my eyes feeling my hunger and thirst as an immediate need. I drank down a tall glass of precious cool water from our well and bit into a beautiful red apple that seemed to be bursting with the life-force contained inside it. All of this done with tears streaming down my face. Thank you! Thank you! I can't say it enough...