new year, new start

We all know there is the "cool kids" and "losers" in every class. If there's any misfit, it must be me then. I don't want to live like that but I am just inconceivably shy. "Is it that hard to bring out a word?" - "Yeah, it is"

I am soooo afraid of speaking to people, because I am scared to say something wrong and scared that people will laugh at me. I always sit in the first row in a classroom, so the only thing I'll have to see is the chalkboard and my teacher. I don't know if you can relate to me but I am going to shortly explain my situation to you. 

Alright, it's difficult for me to make friends. I don't really know how to keep a conversation ongoing, so I just stay silent and listen to others talking. But it's kinda weird to stand in a group where you don't exactly know if you are welcomed or not. The thing is, I don't quite get the jokes people are talking about and I don't like to devote attention to myself. 

I might really want to hang out with some people but if you say a wacky word, these kids will remember you for a hella long time and tease you, plus I am in this class for two years now and I know how mean these guys can be. There's basically drama everyday... Maybe you know what I mean or does this only apply to me, haha? 

So, I am in secondary school and we are talking about 13 to 14 years old kids. There are girls who switch their best friends every two months because there was one little argument which didn't go through well. They use to compliment each other with the usual stuff "Ohh, you look so pretty today. How's it possible to be as gorgeous as you..." , and then you become closer to them and trust them your secrets, you think you guys are best friends. But out of nowhere things get complicated and your friendship is over in a second. 

"Hello, I am Emma", I heard a soothing voice coming from the classroom door. It's a new girl joining my class! 

'Tell me if you like the story until now :)