1

The two boys are sitting in Beverlys room together, while the rest of their friends are downstairs eating dinner that Beverly had prepared.
Eddie had already eaten before coming but Richie just said he wasn't hungry. So here they are.

Eddie exhaled loudly. He is bored out of his brains. He can see Richie is too.
Eddie is almost half the size of Richie. The small boy has an idea to entertain himself.
Richie is sitting on Beverlys bed, legs straight out and he was leaning against her wall. Eddie stands up next to Richie on the bed.
"What are you doing up there Eds? Are you trying to be as ta-"
Richie was cut of by Eddie landing on top of him.

Eddie had jumped up on top of Richie.
"Ow holy shit Eds." Richie laughed. "Are you trying to kill me? How much do you weigh?" Richie asked jokingly. Eddie doesn't take it as a joke though. He has been insecure about himself lately. He isn't even that heavy. He doesn't even have much fat. Just puppy fat that he will grow out of.
"Dont call me Eds dipshit"
Eddie says. He felt overweight in comparison to the boy who he was sitting on. I guess it's hard not to feel short and fat around Richie. He was very tall and skinny.

To be completely honest, no one in their group was even slightly over-weight. Except for Ben. It wasn't a problem. The only problem was Bowers. He was always out to get Ben. The rest of the losers too. That's what they all had in common.

Eddie wiggled around on Richies lap until he was comfortable. He literally layed on his stomach across Richies legs. The two of them have always been super close and touchy, so this wasn't very out of the ordinary.
If you didn't know them, and saw the way they hugged, cuddled and got close to each other, you would think they were dating.

They weren't though. They are best friends. They have been for a few years.

"Hey guys." Bev says opening the door to her bedroom. "I hope im not intruding while you guys are doing something nasty."
Richie laughed.
Eddie just shook his head in disapproval. He still had a smile on his face.

Beverly knew all of Richies secrets. Richie knew all of hers. They were very close friends after all.

She even knew the dirty secrets. The secrets that Richie doesnt even want to admit to himself.
He hates it sometimes. He hates how his brain works. But he can't help it.
Richie has told Bev his deepest darkest secret. She is the only one who knows:

Richie thinks he is gay. Well, not completely gay, he likes girls too. So bisexual? Yeah. He doesn't like that about himself. He has a massive crush on a guy at the moment. He seems very straight. But he doesn't ever mention having crushes.

Eddie.
Eddie is always been a cute and delicate person. His constant medication intake doesn't help. He doesn't even need them. His mother just shoves them down his throat. She says they help him. They really don't do anything though.

Richie admired Eddie. He was sweet and calm. He was easily pissed off though. That's one of the things Richie loves about him. No one knows how to get under Eddies skin as well as Richie does.
It's just small things like making stupid comments and jokes. Even just not doing what Eddie wants. Richie thinks he looks cute when he is mad.

"Hey Eddie?"
"What dipshit?"
"Do you wanna go to the park and get some icecream? Ill payyyy."
Both the boys were get tring bored at Beverlys anyway.
She didn't mind them leaving. She knew what Richie was trying to do. He was trying to get closer to Eddie. Even though they were practically inseparable.

The two boys left Beverlys house and Eddie held onto Richies arm. He tended to do that when he felt scared. Richie knew this.
"Whats wrong Eds?"
"Nothing. Just that I dont wanna go home tonight. Mom is being extra obsessive over medication. Now that it's getting later and later, I don't know what I'm going to do..."
Richie though for a second.
"Do you wanna sleep at my house? Mum and Dad are at work." He says.
"Really?" Eddie asks.
Richie nodded.
Eddie had a massive grin plastered on his face as they approached the icecream shop.