Cat Friends?

"Alright," (Y/N) said, her voice stern, but smirking on the inside.

Today was a Saturday, and she had my heart set on going to this cat cafe. She's been wanting to go all summer but Tobio's allegic and everyone else has been busy all summer, so she finally decided to just go by herself.

After putting on a black short-sleeved shirt tucked into baggy jeans, a blue-ish zip-up hoodie with some white sneakers, she put a rather old-looking, cross-body light brown satchel around her neck. She locked up the house before heading out, walking towards the closest train station.

Once she got onto the train she sat down for a few seconds before taking notice of an older person, looking around for a seat, she stood, trying to get his attention. "Sir?" He looks towards her and gave his head a small tilt. "Would you like to sit here, there aren't any seats left and I'm perfectly fine with standing."

His eyes widened a bit taking in her kind consideration, he nodded his head while speaking, "Thank you, young lady. What's your name?" He sits down where she was just a few moments ago.

"Of course. I'm Kageyama (Y/N)," taking hold of a handle as the train began to move. Extending her hand to shake his as she spoke.

"Ikkei Ukai." As soon as she heard that name she knew exactly who he was, but she wasn't about to go full fangirl in front of him. She shook his hand returning the warm smile he was giving.

Their conversation continued throughout the train ride until it was her stop. She got off the train saying her goodbyes to Ukai and begin the walk towards her destination. The city was crowded, so many shops filled to the brim with people.

She could finally see the cute, colorful sign to the cafe. She gleefully opened the door and got in line behind a pudding head with a small build, about the same height as her, although he was slouching quite a bit, seemingly focused on something. 

She looked around for a moment, taking in the colorful shop and all its customers, cats were everywhere she looked. Thankfully, the line wasn't that long. When the pudding head came to be at the front, he ordered, then went to wait for his drink. After ordering and paying for her drink, (Y/N) stood a few steps beside him to wait. She heard the very recognizable sound of gaining an item in The Legend of Zelda game. Confused, she began to search for the origin of the sound, quickly finding a switch in the pudding heads hands.

Both of their orders were called, but since he was playing on his game he grabbed blindly for (Y/N)'s drink, she quietly interrupted him. "Uh, excuse me, but I believe that one's mine."

Looking back at her, then to the cup he was already hold in his hand he apologized, "Sorry." He said while handing her the drink. 

"It's alright." She spoke, taking a sip before continuing. "What's your name?" She shifted the strap on her shoulder, unsure of why she was trying to further the conversation. 

"O-oh, Kozume Kenma." He said, quickly putting his switch into his hoody's pocket.

"It's nice to meet you Kozume, I'm Kageyama (Y/N). Call me (Y/N)," She gave him a soft smile.

"It's nice to meet you too (Y/N), and please..." He began to fiddle with the lid of his drink while looking off to the side, "you can call me Kenma." His voice was soft, very obviously nervous to even be having a conversation. 

Forcing herself to repress a laugh she spoke, "Of course." She reached her hand out for a handshake and it took him a moment before he reached out as well. His touch was so gentle, as if he was afraid he would hurt her. He quickly removed his hand from her hold.

"Would you like to sit with me?" Kenma asked gesturing to a table with his now free hand.

"Sure, are you here alone?" She followed him to a table. "Huh? Oh, no I'm waiting for a friend to show up." Kenma answers scooting into a cozy, pastel pink booth.

"Oh! Sorry, I just assumed."

"It's alright, are you?" Kenma asked. "Uh, alone that is." He continued, while a cat jumped up on his lap.

She took the strap of the satchel from around her neck to set it on the seat before scooting into the booth herself. "Yeah. I've been really wanting to come here for a while, but my brothers allergic and no one else was free." She shrugged, sipping her coffee.

A broad shadow cast over Kenmas figure. "So your getting girls without me now, huh?" He said taking a seat next to Kenma, milkshake in hand.

"No. She's just my new friend." Kenma stated.

"Oh?" He took a curious glance at (Y/N) before continuing, "And what would her name be?" He asked, taking a sip of his milkshake and seemingly staring into her soul.

(Y/N) looked away for a moment trying to gather the confidence she'd need for a conversation with this man. A calico cat gently hopped into her lap, distracting her for a moment before making itself comfortable. She looked up, trying to keep a stern look on her face while speaking, "You still haven't introduced yourself actually, it's kind of rude to ask for another's name before stating your own."

His eyebrows raised, seemingly surprised with her response. He took another slurp of his milkshake before speaking. "My name is Tetsuro Kuroo, and yours?" As he spoke, a cocky grin found it's way to his face.

"Kageyama (Y/N)." She spoke slowly, unsure of her next actions. (Y/N) looked to the side for a moment, mindlessly petting the calico. "So... do you both go to school together Kuroo?"

"Yes, but please (Y/N), call me Tetsuro." She nods, signaling she understood. (Y/N) took a sip of her coffee as another cat jumped onto her lap, this one being black with a white spot on its chest and tail.

"So, what school do you guys go to?"

"We go to Nekoma High." Kenma answered. (Y/N) leaned forward, her elbow on the table resting her head on the palm of her hand.

Tetsuro leaned forward, adjusting the way he was sitting. "You?" He questioned before Kenma could.

"Karasuno High." Gleefully looking down while petting the two purring cats on her lap.

"Hhmm." Tetsuro hummed. The black cat began to rub its face against her arms, forcing her to pet it.

"What year are you in?" He continued.

"Oh, uh I'll be a second year once school starts." She reached for her drink again, realized she was almost out. "What about you two?"

"I'm starting my third year," Tetsuro reached for his drink, taking a long sip before realizing Kenma hadn't answered. He gently nudged the blondes elbow startling him from his focus on his phone. 

"Uh, second year. Sorry." He looked away, embarrassed as he put he shoved his phone back into his pocket.

~Time skip brought to you by Kurros' laugh~

While walking home from the train station (Y/N) decided to take the longer route just to think. It was starting to get dark and the sky was so beautiful she couldn't not stare at it. A couple of blocks away from her home she saw a convenience store, suddenly wanted some snacks. Once she walked in, there was a startling noise that erupted her from her peaceful thoughts.

~~~(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)