Chapter 1

"Come on! Kids, get your things! Hurry up! Move it! Move it!" 

It seemed like a tornado was going through inside the Harpercop house as everyone was rushing around getting ready for tonight. 

"Kids, you got your bags?" Walter asked his three children. 

"Yes" Kali, Brock and Ann replied in sync. 

"Got your costumes?" Jane then asked. 

"Yes" The 3 Harpercop kids replied again, holding up these strange looking costumes. 

"Okay, now for the final thing..." Walter paused for a moment. "You got the candy?" 

The twins then held up a big bag of candy which they were planning to use for the special thing tonight. 

"Only the most important on the list" Brock stated about the candy. 

"Yeah!" Ann nodded, agreeing with her twin brother. 

"It's not Halloween without the candy" Kali declared, giving a smirk. 

You see, tonight was Halloween and the Harpercop family were planning on going to the Halloween carnival to have some fun with some familiar friends. 

Just then the doorbell rang, Jane answered it showing it to be Kali's friends Teeders, David, and Cynthia. 

"Hey, guys," Jane greeted them. "Thank you all coming" 

"Of course" Teeders smiled. 

"We always love coming along on your special outings" David commented. "It's like we're part of the family too"

"It's not like we had anything better to do... Although I must admit this was the perfect excuse to wear this" Cynthia mentioned, revealing to be wearing her costume this year which was Marilyn Monroe. 

"Come on everyone," Walter then spoke up getting everyone's attention. "We're meeting with the Mystery Inc gang at the Halloween carnival in a few minutes" 

The kids cheered, getting all excited now that they were going to see Scooby and the gang. They hadn't seen them since their unexpected trip to the Himalayas where they encountered the abominable snow monster.  

"Let's go!" Kali said eagerly. 

And with that, the family got in the car and they were off. The kids were all super excited for the scary fun, spooky surprises, and most especially the treats tonight at the Coolsville Halloween Carnival tonight. The family had now arrived at the carnival. 

"Alright, we're here" Jane told the kids. 

"Everybody out" Walter said, as everyone piled out of the car. 

The family soon found the Mystery Inc gang waiting for them at the entrance to the carnival. The whole gang greeted each other with a bunch of friendly smiles and hugs. 

"Hey guys," Fred greeted the Harpercop family. "We're glad you could make it"

"I'd never miss an opportunity to spend time with the rest of my family" Walter told the Mystery Inc gang since he grew up with them like brothers and sisters, solving mysteries together. 

"And like, it wouldn't be the same without our newest little detective buds" Shaggy added, referring to the adventure kids being happy to see them. 

"Aw, thanks Uncle Shaggy" Kali smiled to her surrogate uncle figure. 

The families were so happy to see each other. The kids had greeted almost everybody, now all who they were missing was...

"Scooby Dooby Doo!" A familiar voice shouted out.