1. It Begins

1. IT BEGINS

As the morning light cascaded through the open window Huang Jin stirred, her long tattooed fingers lay atop a slowly rising and falling bare chest, and she breathed in the familiar scent that comforted her to no end. Her lithe frame snuggled closer to the man laying next to her, his arm wrapped around her back as he held her to him in his sleep.

Her glowing golden green eyes opened slowly and she blinked away the first dregs of morning sunlight. Her long eyelashes batting away the last remnants of sleep as she stared at the handsome chiseled features of the man whose arms she was lying in.

How in the heck did I get so lucky...she thought to herself.

As if in response to her inquiry, the man's fingers began to twirl in small circles on her lower back, sending fiery sparks up her spine, and caught her breath in her throat. A small smile turned the corner of his lips.

"What are you staring at, Huang Jin?" His deep voice combined with the undulations of his fingers sent waves of pleasure down into her lower parts. She always loved it when he said her name like that.

The birds outside their room began to chirrup their morning song and the insects chimed in around them as the morning sun began to chase away the cold morning air.

Huang Jin moved her head and smiled mischievously, as she rested her chin on his chiseled abs, and began to imitate what his fingers were doing on her back onto his chest. "Ohhhhh nothing...Just staring at you."

His piercing grey eyes opened slowly and the burning fire within them always seemed to take her breath away. His long black hair was perfectly splayed around his handsome features, his strong chin was the definition of what most men envied and aspired to look like.

He was devilishly handsome and Huang Jin was absolutely head over heels in love with him.

"Are you planning to stare all day?" He teased, his lips turning into an even bigger smile, those fingers on her lower back playing her like a fine tuned instrument.

"I plan to stare as long as I can." She teased back, her finger moving up higher and she grazed her nail over his nipple. His hips jerked in response and the smile instantly went away, the fire in his eyes now ablaze as he stared down at her.

"Don't tease unless you aim to please."

Huang Jin smiled back knowing that his statement was a warning, a delicious warning she had full intention of dragging a response out of him later. She drew her fingers back down to his abs, "Fine, fine. I was just thinking of how lucky I am."

His piercing grey eyes seemed to bore into her soul, a gentle smile on his lips. "Huang Jin, you don't know how lucky I am for you to be here."

She had to look away from his intense gaze, as a swell of emotions began to overwhelm her.

His free hand moved to grab her chin with his rough calloused fingers. He caressed her chin with them before he forced her to look up. "I am serious, and I will say it as many times as I have to for you to believe me." His thumb brushed her soft supple lips, and her mouth opened in response, a soft rush of air escaping her lips at the intense pleasure it gave her.

As she stared at those piercing grey eyes, she couldn't help but send up a silent prayer of thanks.

It was crazy how much could change in just over a year's time. It had felt like a lifetime ago when she was all alone, a wandering cultivator roaming the forests outside of Yiling trying to track down a demon.

They had been tracking a demon for two days on the instructions of Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. They had been sent there when reports had come in that a demon was lurking in the forests outside of Yiling.