Chapter one: Abandoned Building

(YO WHATS GOOD AHAHA >:)))

Sorry there's no art for the cover 👁👁💧 I don't know what to put there so I just jahsiznauhzjshz yeah💔

And there's an abuse mention in this chapter so please proceed with caution if you're sensitive to that topic

Btw the reader is female but I might change it to be more gender neutral 😼

Anyways let's start the story teehee)

~~~~~~~

You were sitting on your bed in your room, the sun was setting outside and you had your laptop on in front of you, it was playing a YouTube video. The YouTuber was telling a story. But not just any story. 

It was the story of Cartoon Cat.

The shapeshifting, man-eating, and terrifying feline who only hunts at night.

He was created by a man named Trevor Henderson, who also made other famous cryptids like Siren Head and Long Horse.

Out of all of them, Cartoon Cat was your favorite.

You didn't really know why you had taken such a liking to him. The very second you laid eyes on a picture of him you were intrigued, and wanted to know what more was there to this strange creature.

The video had ended and you scrolled down to read the comments.

Your mom opened the door to your room, startling you a little.

Looking in her direction, you greeted her, "Oh, hi mom."

"Hi, (Y/N). I just came to tell you that I'm heading off to work now, I'll be back at around midnight." 

"Okay," You looked back at your computer. "I hope work goes well."

"Bye, I love you," Your mother shut the door.

You put up your middle finger in her direction as you heard her footsteps as she walked away.

"'I love you' my ass." You muttered and put your middle finger back down.

Your mother has been mentally abusive to you and your younger brother ever since your parents have gotten divorced. You wanted to live with your father, but he unfortunately doesn't have enough money to afford a decent place to stay at the moment.

Your older sister lives across the country so she doesn't have to deal with all of the family drama. Lucky her. But she's a bitch to you and your little brother sometimes, so you're glad she's away.

After reading through the comments some more, you got bored and decided to turn off your laptop and set it on your desk next to your bed.

Lying down, you think about things to do.

"Hmm...."

You pull out your phone and open the Safari app.

In the search bar, you type in "abandoned buildings near me"

There was one near only 1.5 miles away.

"Ohhh..." You smirk and look at your jacket.

You got up off your bed and put the jacket on. "Heheh."

"....Wait I need a flashlight-"

After a few minutes of searching, you eventually found a flashlight.

You checked if your little brother was asleep in his room, and he was, thankfully.

Then, taking the spare house key, you walk outside the front door and lock it.