Chapter 3 preview

The Mage had fled and ran from the Nightmarish Hunter. Running through bushes and grass, leaves began to cover her. As she ran, she looked back; terrified if Adelram was possibly following. Although she ended up slipping and falling into mud. Stumbling to get back on her feet, she continued to rush away. The poor Mage looked very messy. From head to toe, she was covered in mud and leaves. The Mage had continued before running to a tree, proceeding to catch her breath. She kneels down and began crying, staying close to the tree. The Mage had felt heart broken and betrayed. She was horrified at the thoughts that lingered. The recent memory of the previous night. She wasn't even sure if she could trust Adelram anymore. Just thinking about it, to her, he had the sinister intentions of claiming her as a meal while she was asleep. He had fallen asleep with plans of hiding his actions before she woke. His panic had made it clear he didn't have much of a plan when confronted. He nearly failed to release her resulting in him nearly crushing and suffocating her. He had attempted to grab a hold of her. She didn't want to take any further chances with him. She had to escape. She had feared the possibility of him looking for her and so she got up and started to run. She had to get out of the forest and return home before he found her again. Who knows what his intentions would be if he caught her again. She wasn't going to risk it.

Yamamura was at home, inside cleaning up the house. The twins were peacefully asleep. Unaware of their mother still missing. Yamamura patiently waited for his wife to come home although he was so nervous and panicked about something possibly happening to her. He tried to stay optimistic, remembering that Adelram was probably with her. As much as he feared the Dark Hunter, he knew that Adelram would watch over her and make sure nothing bad happened. Adelram was like a brother to the Mage. But despite how protective Adelram was to the family, Yamamura could never get used to his presence. Something about the Dark Hunter had always terrified him. It never mattered what form he would be in, his presence was dark and unworldly. But the Wanderer did his best to try and stay calm. He frequently walked by the windows and glanced outside to see if anyone was there.