Prolouge

The Scarlet Moon hung in the night sky, casting a ruby glow across the lush meadow. 

Cats cowered in their dens, cautiously. A moon, especially one which was red as blood, was a rare occurance. It had not been seen for many generations.

 Horsefeather gazed at it gravely. This was a warning.

Cherrystar was trotting towards him now. "I fear that this sign will not welcome a time of prosperity." She said dryly. 

"yes." The black tom's eyes never left the Scarlet moon. "Starclan has been clear tonight. Something terrible is coming."

"are you sure? do you know what is coming?" Cherrystar exclaimed, clearly alarmed.

"Of course I'm sure." he snapped, ignoring the other question.

Cherrystar's voice dropped to a low whisper. "should I tell them about this? to prepare them?"

Horsefeather scoffed, why should he tell Cherrystar how to lead. It wasn't his place.

The black and white she-cat glanced around camp at all of the panicked faces staring at the sky.

She lept onto the highstone.

"Starclan has sent this sign as a warning. Horsefeather has confirmed that a great time of conflict is coming." She said gravely.

Murmurs of fear and Unease rippled across the gathered cats.

"We must be prepared for whatever is coming." Cherrystar looked down at her clan, her amber gaze filled with soberness. "Only Starclan can help us now."