The Cool Cafe

Ben wasn't like most guys but he tried not remembering that little fact, and as Ben sat in the Cool Cafe, he couldn't help but realise how feminine he must look right about now. He held a book in one hand and a mocha in the other. Obviously he couldn't careless about what others thought of him, he learned to do that a long time ago. "The Notebook" a voice stated in a confident voice. Looking up to see who had rudely interrupted him from his dream world his facial expressions soon turned into a sweet smile. "What?" he asked placing both the mocha and book on the table. "The Notebook. The book your reading" she pointed out to the book.

"Oh yes, I like Nicholas Sparks writing" I replied with a light smile. "Same, the way he writes is so literally correct, I love it!" she replied taking a sip of her coffee. "So, what are you doing here?" she asked curiously. Well, what was he doing here? Reading, drinking coffee. What he really wanted to say was I'm trying to escape reality but instead replied with "Just re-evaluating".  Alli nodded in an understanding way. "I like coming here, it reminds me of my home" she replied glancing around the cafe. "Yeah? Where are you from?" is what seemed to be the most relevant questions to follow that statement. "I'm from Boston in America" she replied with a wide grin.

"I thought I heard a tinge of an accent" he replied before finishing his drink. She smiled "Yes, I moved here for university. Are you attending uni?" she asked curiously. I shrugged "Yes, but I'm on a break" I replied before shoving his book in his bag. "I study at the University of Law" he replied before letting her ask the question herself. "I go to the School of Arts" she replied before getting to her feet, and at the cue Ben stood as well. "Where are you heading now?" he asked her putting his bag on his back and walking around to meet her gaze. "To my dorm, my friends holding a house party" Alli informed him. Alli examined the white T-shirt he had on that read Dream Big across it in gold writing. He wore new g-star jeans and some nice Jordan's on his feet.

Placing his snapback on his head he stood back a little "Woah wait, is that Christina's party?" Ben asked curiously before leading the way out of the cafe and down the street. "Yeah? You going?" she asked. Christina was the type to grind, and twerk, Alli seemed like the complete opposite. "Yeah, how do you know her? I mean, you don't seem like the type of girl that Christina is" Ben asked before stopping at a bus stop. Alli laughed at his remark. "You just met me" she stated before a bus came into view. "I know, but anyways my bus is here I'll maybe see you at the party?" Ben asked her before it stopped in front of us. 

She nodded and waved as the bus pulled out of view.