Prologue

"I'm not a soldier, but I'm fighting," - Lyrics From "We'll Meet Again"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can still hear them.

The screams. The grenades. The mortars. Everything.

I'm running through the streets covered in sand, sweat, and grease.

I see four people in front of me hugging the wall of buildings in front of me.

I see the streets covered in dead bodies of Marines, and insurgents alike. Cars covered in bullet holes, or blown to pieces. The buildings around me are either blown to hell, or covered in bullet holes with larger holes blown through them.

We continued to push down this narrow street leading into a water way that is used to transport water from one side to another.

I hear something clank onto the ground in front of me.

The guy in front of me walked  pass a green car then suddenly I felt a wave of force pushing me backwards.

I hit the ground on my back hard.

I moved my head up to see people lying on the ground motionless.

I push my body up to get back on my feet to only be met with a hailstorm of bullets firing right at me.

I immediately turned around and begin running back as fast as I can.

I felt something hard hit my back which almost made me lose my footing, but I kept on running.

I make a quick left into an alley to be met with a blast of rounds fired at me.

The rounds past on the left of me.

My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness to see a man crouching down holding a weapon in front of me.

He clicks his rifle only for nothing to be fired.

He quickly drops his weapon to reach for something in his side.

I quickly raise my weapon and sprayed it on my hip.

I see blood splatter around the man; staining his top, and finally falling to the ground.

I look to see him falling backwards on top of a dead marine.

I ignored the dead in front of me and turn around.

Suddenly I felt a large force punch through my chest.

I fall forward and everything goes to dark.

The pain, and the tears felt like they were not there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A light pierce through to my eyes, as I slowly open them.

I'm covered in sweat, and tears.

I pulled myself to sit up.

I look around myself.

I'm sitting on top of a white sheet bed. I see a lamp sitting in the corner of the room with drawers and a mirror. I see a T.V screen in front of me with a small couch sitting in front of it. To my right I see a small kitchen with a small table with 2 chairs. Slightly to the left of the kitchen I see a sliding wooden door, and to that a metal door.

I slid the white sheets off to reveal myself wearing just my black underwear.

I turn to my body to the right for my feet to meet the ground.