3

The school bell finally ringed and the day was long and draining but it was my escape from reality.It was pouring outside and that always soothes me. I opened my black book bag put up my school materials and grabbed my earphones just so I wouldnt be bothered. I went to the front office to see if there were any buses that were next to my foster home collectivity there was one and it was 325 I had literally one minute to make it. I ran down the hallway to the back of the school and the buses were starting to pull of. I wasnt even gonna try to fight the run I just put on bel air and walked off of campus. This was the weather that held the few good memories I had.
I walked down the street and watched how the palm trees swayed back and forth from the wind and the water crashed upon it and me. I thought about my life and if I would be a foundation of my past pain or if I could continue the legacy of the woman who was once lively to dying.

I sighed and pushed my hair out of my face and walked faster until I saw Camila waving her hands out the window of a car. She was ushering me to get in and I sighed and second guessed my gut for a second and approached the car.
Camilas p.o.v
I was in the car with my mom she was late on picking me up complaining of the weather I was stuck in thought of lj until it seemed I manifested her presence. Her Jean's and her hair and her shirt was soaked and she was walking alone in silence just like the note she retrieved to me. I told my Madre to stop the car that one of my friends were walking.
I rolled down my window and my mom parked on the corner next to the stop sign. I yelled "LJ" and she didnt turn or budge or anything. She turned her head and her green eyes were sparkling and I waved my hands as fast as I could to catch her before she didnt notice. She stood still for a second and I directed my hands towards me then she walked to the car and took out a earphone.
She spoke and her voice was edged by soft "I really don't need a ride but thanks". I glanced at her face and I told her "I really dont mind its pouring you can get sick get in please". She turned her nails into her palms and stood there for a second again then opened the back car door and got in looking out the window. I asked her where she lived and she said 5 minutes from here. I asked her why was it my first time seeing her in the school and that her poetry is beautiful. She bit bit her bottom lip and grasped her self like she was cold and said it was her way of expressing her soul and she doesnt really like to in the midst of everything.
I observed her aura and could tell she had alot of light but shadows also. She told my mom to keep going straight and to make a right after the next two lights. I said Lj? She said Lauren and I smiled. I was the first one to get her to speak openly. Faster than I know it we were parked on the side of a park. I furrowed my eyebrows and I said I thought you said you lived 5 minutes away she said I do thank you really Camila and I told her anytime she scurried out the car with her wet hair following her. My mom looked at me and said howd yall meet you finally getting comfortable here I looked at her side features and said a really awkward story really.
Lauren's P.o.V
I walked fast and didnt look back I'm not the person who can be open to people that has caused me nothing but pain and manipulation. Even the people I trust the most the only person I felt safe with was Mani. I waited til I saw the car fully exit the street and walked out of the parks gate down to the foster home. Sighing at the way I cope and realized I could've messed up a potential friendship I ran up the stairs to my room with the 4 bunk beds and kicked off my wet clothes throwing my soaked bag on the floor.
Grabbing a towel running to the hallway bathroom.
I quickly started to shower and looked at the scars on my legs I sighed into the heat of the water appreciating the calmness of it. I kept thinking of the feeling of people leaving me hurting me blaming me trying to rinse that energy off of my soul I let my mind wonder to the curiosity of the brown eyed girl. 
How does she keep running into me. What does she want from me. I let the water sponge into my hair and rinsed it out .I cutt of the shower and got clothed quickly I threw on a hoodie and some tights and put my earphones in again preparing for my chores so I wouldn't get bitched at. I was currently in the need of any way to distract my mind before Mani got here. I swept the floors in every room and mopped it and it was now 8 all the other girls were home and so was Ms. Lilth.
Mani was sitting on the bed in our room twisting her hair for bed I assume? She looked at me and stopped doing her hair and smiled.
She asked me how school was and patted on her bunk. I crawled up the latter and fumbled with my hands. I told her I got a ride from someone while walking home and she worked up her eyebrow. She said you did what Lauren! Who? You trusted someone you're taking steps towards being your authentic self.
I lightly smiled at that and I said a girl named Camila she got a hold of my book and I wrote her a note back when she asked me my name then she ended up picking me up while it was pouring I dont know if I can trust anyone besides you I ran as soon as she dropped me off.
She grabbed my hands and said lauren live and be free dont let your past dictate your future you deserve more friends than just me. I shifted my hands and put my hair behind my ear and asked her of her day. She said she finally got a job interview at the new clothing store she been wanting to work at. As were both only 15 this was a big thing considering our situations. I squealed for her and told her that I was so proud of her. She told me this was for us and I kissed her forehead and told her I'm grateful for her place in my life. She said forever and I smiled again. I got off the bed put on my shoes grabbed my journal told mani to look out for me and slipped past Ms. Lilth door going out the front door. I inhaled the air of Miami and glanced up at the moon admiring her beauty I walked to the park. Only things that really make me happy is the moon Mani and my art/poetry these were the few things that made me feel safe and free.
I entered the Park once again and sat at the top of the slide. I then free handed the moon and let the music play outloud. This caused me to think and I started to write.
"Have you ever experienced the crash of waves against your skin from someone you love,have you ever been called a liar after you held a dark secret of someone so long and over looked it,have you ever had all the light in your self left in different houses with blockages to come. Have you ever met someone and feared putting your trust in their hands.Have you ever watched someone you love die right in front of Have you ever been left alone by the ones you loved while experiencing that death. Will light come to find me again".-Lj