The Call

Kara’s pov

I was sitting on my couch in my loft eating some rocky road with Alex when my phone lit up. It had been two weeks since me and Lena made up and I was getting mixed feelings. On one hand I was glad to have my best friend back. On the other hand, I had a secret more important and deep than the truth about my secret identity. A truth that I thought i would never admit to anyone out loud… so I thought.

“Who is it?” Alex asked.

I picked up my phone from the table and looked at the message. It was from William. 

“No one.” I replied nervously, knowing it was a stupid lie that Alex would see right through.

“Really? No one? So then why are you making googly eyes at your phone?” She protested.

“Let it go Alex.” I replied back to her, kind of annoyed with her questioning. Just then her phone lit up as well. 

“Who is it?” I asked her.

“No one.” She replied, mocking what I told her. “It’s Kelly. She wants to have dinner tonight.” She said.

“You should go have a nice night with her.” I said trying to lighten the mood.

“I don’t know. You kind of had a rough go of it lately…” referring to mine and Lena’s on-off friendship, “and i don’t want you to get lonely.” She said kind of disappointed that she was turning down much more than just dinner with her girlfriend ;). 

“Go! Go have fun with her! One of us should be happy.” I protested her with a smile.

“Are you sure?” she questioned me, still unsure if she should leave me to sulk in my own self pity.

“Yes go Alex! Have fun!”. She got up from the couch and kissed me on my forehead before Making her way out of my loft. As soon as she closed the door behind her, I picked up my phone to look at the message that had been sent to me.

W: Hey Kara! Kinda bored @ home by myself. Wanna grab some late night coffee w/ me?

K:Hey! Sorry I can’t. I’m working on a big article and have to have it done for Andrea by tonight! Raincheck?

In reality, there was no article. I just didn’t want him to get the wrong idea. William is great and all, but he wants to be more than friends and I don't want that.

W: Yeah of course! Work before play am i right! ;)

Ew!

K: Yeah haha! Gtg have a goodnight.

W: You too Kara!

There is something about William that just rubs me the wrong way. He seems like a nice guy, but sometimes he is super weird. He was also kind of a dick to me in the beginning and that really pissed me off. I was woken out of my thoughts about William by a phone call. It was from Lena. Shit! Did I do something wrong! I hope she is ok! I immediately answered the call, kind of worried.

K: Hey Lena, You ok?

L: Yeah I’m fine? Are you? You sound worried.

K: No, I'm good. What’s up?

L: I know it’s late, but I was wondering if we could talk? About us.

As soon as she said “us”, I put on some presentable clothes and flew to her apartment. I had only ever been there once before, but I knew my way there just fine. 

Flashback:

Lena, Sam, and I had decided to go out just the three of us to celebrate my 27th Birthday, so they thought. We hopped around bars, getting drunker and drunker as we went on through the night, however human alcohol doesn’t affect me so it was pretty much Lena and Sam getting drunk and me pretending to be drunk so they didn’t get suspicious. At about the 5th bar we went to, Sam called an Uber and went home and I was in charge of getting Lena home safe, since she couldn’t even speak under her own power, let alone be trusted to get home safely alone. Lena passed out in the bathroom of the bar we were at after a rather violent session of vomiting. Since I Knew she was too drunk to put two and two together, I decided to fly her home while cradling her bridal style in my arms. I landed in the alleyway beside her apartment complex and walked in the front doors to be greeted by a dapper looking door man.

“Excuse me? May I help you?” he said with a slight accent I could only guess was South American.

“Uhh… Yeah actually could you tell me what apartment number Lena Luthor’s is?” I replied, showing him her face, which was nuzzled into my neck, to show him that I needed to take her to her bed.

“Of course. It’s the penthouse sweet on the 53rd floor. The very top.” he answered. “Are you sure you don’t need any help?” he asked as I pushed the elevator button.

“No, I think I can manage from here. Thanks.” I replied to him.

“ I’m sure you can Mrs. Danvers.” he said with a wry smile and wink. 

“How did he know my name and why did he wink?” I thought to myself stepping into the elevator and pushing the 53rd floor button. 

The elevator took me straight to her apartment. As the doors opened, my mouth drooped at the sight of the sheer size of the place. I knew she was rich but not THAT rich. I walked into her bedroom to find her king sized bed with silk sheets that no doubt cost more than my entire loft. I laid her down on the bed as she started to come to. 

“K… kara?” she said shakily as she was in and out of consciousness.

“Hey it’s me. It’s kara. Go back to sleep.” I said to her softly.

“You havereally bigggmuclessss.” she said, dragging out the word muscles as she squeezed my arms. I have to admit, it made me blush.

“Shhhhhh. Go back to sleep.” i said as tiredness overcame her and she fell asleep. 

I went to her bathroom and found some Ibuprofen under the sink. I filled up a glass with water and put the medicine and glass on her bed side table for her to take for when she eventually awoke with a splitting headache. I said a last goodnight to her and flew to my loft from her balcony. 

Present Day:

I landed on her balcony and walked in her apartment. There was no reason to take the elevator now that she knew that I was Supergirl. She turned around startled a bit at my sudden entrance. 

“Sorry i just wanted to talk face to face. Is that ok or should I go?” I questioned immediately, scolding myself for just coming to her home unannounced.

“No no please come in. I was just about to ask you to come over anyway.” she said with a slight chuckle.

“So what’s up?” I asked, a bit taken aback by her statement.

“I want to talk about our future.” she replied. “As friends! Yeah uhh…  friends.” she replied quickly, blushing a bit, looking down at her hands. She looked up at me and our eyes met and for just a moment, I thought there was something there in her eyes. Something deeper. She started to walk up to me. I immediately got flustered and blushed deeper and deeper as she took a step closer. Soon she was standing right infront of me, our bodies inches away from pressing together.

“You know, I know you’re Supergirl right? You don’t have to wear these anymore.” she said softly as she took off my glasses, looking into my eyes the entire time. She placed them on the table beside her and looked up at me with those beautiful green eyes of hers. All I wanted to do in that moment was kiss her, but I knew I couldn’t… for now.

𝙶𝚘𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝! 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚑𝚒! 𝙸'𝚖 𝙹𝙹. 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚆𝚊𝚢𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚝. 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚍. (。_。)