STAIRWELL TO HELL

“Hey! Wait up. I’m coming! HEY! Guys seriously wait up I’m coming!” Laura Adams shouted at the top of her voice gasping for breath.  Laura Adams was your typical senior, innocent and totally oblivious to….. Well EVERYTHING. “Come on Laura, run we’re getting late” shouted Sophia, only Laura’s best friend in the world. As usual Laura was late for the school bus and had to catch a lift from Henry, Sophia’s hunky quarterback boyfriend and Laura's first ever high school sweetheart. But of course Sophia was totally oblivious to this despite that fact that Laura and Sophia have been best friends since they were in diapers.

“Geez guys I’m so sorry, I missed the bus….”

“Yeah, like every day since the start of, hmmm… let me see… SENIOR YEAR STARTED!” Sophia interrupted Laura.

“I’m sorrrrryyyyyyyyyy, it’s not my fault the bus comes early on purpose” Laura excused

No, no, no, no! Do not blame this on the bus or bus driver. This is your own entire fault. I don’t see why you can’t just get a driving license and car like, well, let me see every other senior student”

“It’s too expensive and plus you know my fear of car’s. Ever since the car crash and mum’s death”

“Laura! I’m telling you this for the 8,000th time, you need to see someone. You fear isn’t just a fear your still grieving your mum’s death for the past 6 years you really need to see someone, it isn’t normal. Look, here take my psychiatrists number, she really will help you; she’s helped me with my nightmares. Here take it” Sophia thrust the card in Laura’s hand as henry sped out of the driveway and down the road.