c h a p t e r t w e n t y n i n e

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 - "𝘐'𝘮 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺"

adrian

I groaned as the obnoxious ringing of my alarm clock rang next to me. Turning over to my side, I turned the alarm off but laid in bed just staring up at my ceiling.

I did not want to go school, and yes, I have said that before but this time, I meant it. It was like that feeling you got when you sensed something bad was going to happen and I felt like something bad was going to happen, something even worse than the bad things that have already happened.

There was a soft knock on my room door and I didn't answer, hoping that whoever it was would just go away.

"Adrian." I recognized the voice, obviously, but couldn't quiet place my finger on which brother it was.

I heard the click of the door knob turning and the soft creak of my room door being pushed open and I came to realize that whoever it was was not going to go away any time soon.

I craned my neck up to see who it was and the first thing I saw was a pair of purple camouflage cargo pants. My eyes moved up further and they fell on a mop of curly caramel brown hair and worried crystal blue eyes. Phoenix.

My brothers normalized checking in on me almost every three hours. On Sunday, I got surprise visits from Avery, Kayden, Hayes, Blake, Elijah and Ryder, and then at dinner, Darius', Luciano's, Damon's, Xander's, Reece's and Phoenix's interests peaked, all of them asking the one simple, yet annoying question that I have grown to resent immensely: "Are you okay?"

All twelve times, I wanted to snap at them, I wanted to shout that I was obviously not okay and at the same time, I wanted to tell ll of them off because I wasn't the one who literally got shot and all of them should've been worrying about Avery instead. Obviously that last statement wouldn't have sat well considering Avery was one of the people asking if I was okay.

And instead do saying either of those, I just sat up straight, smiled pretty and told them all the two statement that I was beggining to loathe: "I'm fine" or "I'm okay".

"I'm fine!" I called out to Phoenix after dropping my head back on my pillow.

"Just checking." I heard a soft sigh. "And get up, Adrian. You have school."

I groaned softly when Phoenix left my room and abruptly shot up from my bed, feeling angry and frustrated for no apparent reason.

I finally got out of bed and went to my shower, albeit reluctantly but I did it. I wasn't in the mood to look for clothes so. I just grabbed a hoodie, a pair of pants and the first pair of sneakers I laid my eyes on and I had my outfit for school. The fit wasn't that bad though with a black Nike hoodie, black camouflage cargo pants and purple Nike Jordans.