Slowly: Katherine Part One

Flashback~
Middle School:
It was the first day of 8th grade. The first day of when I met him. The class did the typical first day routine where one-by-one we stand up and introduce ourselves to the class.
"My name is Katherine Way, just turned 14. My hobbies are reading and painting. And I'd like to make dancing a career. I'm friendly at times. But sometimes, I could be a bitch." The class chuckled.
"Katherine!"
"Yes, Miss Green, that's my name."
"The school does not tolerate swearing in class. But since it is the first day, I guess would have to make an exception." Frowned our teacher.
The introducing went on for what seemed like forever, until...

"My name is Ace Montag. I just moved here from Australia. I play football and I try my best at basketball, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. Hahahaha!" All of the girls were swooned by his accent. I try my best not be brought with them. But it's not bad to give in sometimes, right? His eyes were a glorious shade of brown and his hair is the only thing darker than his eyes. He smiled like a flower that blooms at night. My thoughts were interrupted by the bell signaling the end of first period.

I sit down with my best friend, Alexis for lunch. Her strong scent of vanilla is giving me a headache. It's one of the things that I hate about her most. She's unusual, the kind of unusual that's only funny if it's the two of you alone. I've been the rudest person towards her and yet, she still chooses to stay. I'm so grateful for that because without her, I'd be sitting here alone with no one to talk to.

Alexis is in the seventh grade. She's smart enough to end up in about 85% of the eighth grade classes but too dumb to excel into the eighth grade. I don't if it's just her or the school. "Do you want me to throw that away for you?" She asks in the sweetest tone. "Please," I say as I push my tray forward. Alexis is too kind. She's so kind and patient that she stand even the most annoying person for more than 20 minutes. I admire that about her. Sometimes I wish I had that trait of hers.

The first day of school was a blur. Alexis and I walk home together after I drop her off at her place, I start jogging swiftly because I don't want to miss the start of the movie they're showing today. As I jog, I catch up to a familiar boy. Ace. I'm guessing he heard my footsteps because he turned around and smiled.

"Hello, Katherine. Remember me?" He said with a smile. All I could do was smile, mostly because of his accent. His glorious accent. "Ace, right?" I say as I catch my breath. "You remembered." He chuckled. "Of course I did, how can I forget? The whole class practically fell in love with you when you spoke." What did I just say?

"Fell in love with me? Hahahaha why is that?" His laugh
"Because of your accent."
"Accent? I don't have an accent. YOU have an accent."
"My accent is normal. Yours isn't."
"Are you calling me abnormal?"
"No." I start to blush.
"You're so funny, Katherine."

I thought he was weird. And it would be very immature for me to say this, but I think he has cooties.

Sophomore Year:
Every boy stares at me now every since puberty "hit me like a bus" as they would say. It feels so good to have Alexis by my side again. Ace, Alexis and I head our way to first period. I wave a goodbye to Alexis as Ace and I walk toward Spanish class.

"Por que, Señora Kath, POR QUEEE???!!!?!?!?" Ace lost his Australian accent now. I miss it, but I don't. "It's as if that's the only thing you know how to say." Daily insults are a thing between us now. "Yeah right. Unlike you, I can speak three different languages." I'm always interested in what he has to say, no matter how stupid it is. "Oh yeah? Since when? What languages, might I add?"
"Since forever, KitKat. I speak Australian, American and British. Top that!" I love it when he calls me KitKat. "God, you're stupid."

Flashback over~
I'm a senior now and very much in love with Ace. I don't know how it happened, it just did. I haven't told this to anyone, not even Alexis. She will kill me if she finds out, because I know how head over heels she is for him.