.

hi, yes, i'm alive! as a sort of apologies for never posting i've decided to take a oneshot from my ao3 and repost it here until i can work up something new.

//fun fact, this was actually based off a dream i had.

Izuku stood alone in the kitchen, his every move echoed more than he'd like

Izuku stood alone in the kitchen, his every move echoed more than he'd like. What was this, his third cup of coffee tonight?

There was a written exam tomorrow, and there was no way he'd fail this time.

Taking the coffee back upstairs with him, he noticed Todoroki's door was cracked. It was never cracked. In fact, it was locked more than it was unlocked.

Izuku took a peek inside, only to notice Todoroki staring right back at him. Probably the smell of coffee. I was being too quiet for anyone to hear. I hope.

"Midoriya? What're you doing up?"

He looked around, making sure nobody was in the halls or had cracked doors. Rumors were already starting to spread about them, so he didn't need to give his classmates any extra proof. With that taken care of, Izuku stepped inside, softly shutting the door behind him.

"I could ask the same to you. After today's training, I thought you'd be out," Izuku whispered with a nervous giggle at the end.

"I did too," Todoroki glanced at the chipped mug in Izuku's shaky hand. "You're definitely not awake by accident. Studying?"

Izuku only nodded.

"You can come lie down. Class starts in four hours, I'm sure we could both use some rest,"

He nodded and put the coffee down and crept into the small bed beside Todoroki, cringing when it squeaked. He tried to keep it so they weren't touching, but it didn't matter, Izuku already had arms around his chest and a warm breath on his shoulder.

 He tried to keep it so they weren't touching, but it didn't matter, Izuku already had arms around his chest and a warm breath on his shoulder

"Hey... hey, Midoriya, wake up,"

Izuku groaned and peeked at the room around him. Todoroki was sitting on the bed with him, staring intensely at his face.

"Huh? Why...?"

"I know about the rumors, so if you don't want to raise any eyebrows I thought you'd like to leave early,"
Izuku nodded and sat up, rubbing his eyes and fixing his hair to where he didn't think it stuck out too much.

"Hey, just know if you ever want to stay here, my door is always open. metaphorically of course. if it isn't, just knock,"

He had never seen Todoroki speak like he was so nervous. He was only like this in life or death situations, but assuming there was no immediate danger, Izuku just nodded.

"Thanks,"

The train ran smoothly across the tracks without rest, as it has been for the past half hour

The train ran smoothly across the tracks without rest, as it has been for the past half hour. All he thought about was the night before while staring blankly out the window. He had never slept so well before. Maybe this is what he needed? Of course, that didn't matter, he wasn't going out of his way to have Midoriya sneak back and forth to his bedroom every night. That would put too much stress on the boy's already full plate.

Uraraka has finally stopped talking, and without too much thought, Todoroki tapped her shoulder.

"Hey... ah, this may seem up front, but you seem to be the type who has fallen in love before. How do you know when you love somebody?"

Uraraka's face lit up. He knew asking someone of her nature such a question was a poor choice.

"Oh my god, do you like somebody?? Who is it?? Is she in our class?"

Tsuyu leaned over. "Is who in our class?"

"Todoroki's crush!!" she smiled while he rolled his eyes. Izuku, who sat a few seats in front of them, looked back immediately. All of the other girls caught on, attempting to guess who had stolen his heart, but one thing stood out to him, which made him smile deviously out the window.

They weren't even considering the boys.