Am I going crazy? Are they only a very dark piece of my imagination? What if they're real? What am I supposed to do in this case? Mom always told me that monsters aren't real but I'm absolutely sure that she had ever see what I have had to see.

They don't have a name, I'm not even sure of what are they... I just can call them monsters, shadows, predators waiting to break all the sanity I might still have. The first time I saw them was two years ago, to be precise I saw them a week later after I moved here, that makes me think that they came with this house ─I knew that the cheap price had a reason but I still cannot believe that the reason are they─. Not going to lie, I am scared as fuck of being here but since mom died, I had any other place to go. Karen and I don't talk so she doesn't want me in her apartment or nowhere near to her children... I still don't know why. But what matters is not her, nor my 4-year-old nephews, nor the house itself; the important thing is they, and they won't leave me alone unless and until I give them what they're looking for, the problem is that what they're looking so desperately for is my blood... maybe my soul or they just want me to suffer for the rest of my days, they already took quite a big part of my sanity so the only thing left to take from me is that.

When the night falls my anxiety grows and the only thing that can calm me down is this book my mom used to read to me and to Karen. Who would ever think that Karen would run away from us the way she did? Mom wasn't a bad one, neither was I but she left and that's when mom started to die slowly every day, I can't help blaming her. We had each other, now I'm on my own with their company. If I turn the lights off, I can barely see their shadows moving around my room, when I act like I'm not scared they do the worsts things to me. At first was a presence, then, it became little touches, then, scratches on my legs and arms, then, whispers in my ears that won't allow me to sleep in all night.

Sometimes they appear looking like someone familiar to me and try to open my room's door, they say that they are Karen or doctors but I know they are not.

I had a dream last night; they finally gave me the new solution to this... I was right, they want blood but it doesn't have to be mine necessarily. Karen, I'm sorry for what I'm about to do, but you can have more children, on the contrary, you don't have or willever have more siblings than me. I got my knife ready and now I'm waiting, I know that they are with me, they're wanting the blood of my two nephews as much as I am wanting to free myself. I get out of the car, I hear screams... the shadows, these monsters, they are a part of me now.

I wake up, I'm at this place again, all white and my hands are tied to this bed. I see through a window who is supposed to be Karen talking with a doctor, I can't hear what they are saying but I learned to read lips and they keep saying "hallucinations", also, Karen has on her hands the book mom used to read to us "Shadows come at night". I remember very well when the psychiatrist told her not to read that kind of things to me, as well as I remember the last time I was here. It's not the first time they give me a solution to this, that's why I came here the first time.

Mom said monsters are not real but if they're not... who is taking the shape of Karen and who has been raising her children if I have killed her two years ago when they started to haunt me?