Chapter 1: The UnDead Birthday

Chapter 1- Published: 02/13/13

My breath picked up and my heart was racing. I wasn't sure where I was or why I was running but I had a feeling someone was following me. I looked around but nothing was there. There was nothing but darkness and the shadows of trees. Everything seemed normal but my skin prickled and goose bumps rose across my pale skin.

I froze, and slowly looked in the direction where a sound seemed to have come from. I held my breath and listened intently but there was nothing besides the swoosh of the trees caused by the wind. For a moment there, I thought I was safe and that I was running for no reason, but I was wrong.

I was suddenly thrown on the ground by what appeared to have been an invincible force. My vision was blurred and darkness enveloped all my senses. I was still frozen in shock when suddenly I could feel something pinning me down. My heart beat picked up again and so did my breathing. I closed my eyes to regain my vision and prayed that this was only a dream. I opened my eyes again and was met with dark eyes staring into my soul. He was so close to my face I could feel his soft breath fanning across my cheek. I tried to struggle free but he was strong, his hands held tightly onto my wrist, making me whimper.

"I've finally caught you," He whispered into my ear. His voice was raspy and it made me shiver in fear.

He placed his lips onto my skin and inhaled a deep breath letting out a groan in pleasure.

"You smell so good," He stated, flicking his tongue out and licking my skin.

I was disgusted but it was quickly swallowed by my fear. I squeezed my eyes shut and hoped for someone to save me. He trailed small soft kisses down my neck and before going any lower, he lifted his head and stared into my eyes. I now noticed that they were a burning shade of red.

"I am sorry but I need this," He murmured before running his nose along the side of my neck once more.

This was it. I knew what was coming. This was going to be my tragic story. About a girl who got rap-

I suddenly felt something sharp against my skin and it sunk into my neck. The sharp pain caused my presumptions to flee. I got it all wrong. I wasn't about to get raped. This man was no rapist, in fact he wasn't a man at all. He couldn't be. But he was. He was a vam...

That was the last thought in my mind, the last breath that escaped my mouth, before my eyelids grew heavy. The aching in my neck was no longer and I knew that this was going to be the end of me.

**************************

~Eva's P.O.V~

I shook my head in sadness as the news broadcaster talked about how another teenage girl was found dead. It was the fifth one this week. All near abandoned buildings or at the edge of forests. It was really starting to scare me. Thoughts of the next girl being me kept running through my mind.

Still highly disturbed, I let out a sigh and turned the TV off. I got off my bed and decided that I should probably get dressed and get ready to meet my boyfriend. I went into the washroom and did my usual routine, which included a short shower, brushing my teeth, cleaning my face and doing my makeup. Once I was done I went into my walk-in closet to get dressed.

Today I decided on something simple and put on a pair of black skinnies and a cute top. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned slightly when I saw my reflection. I wasn't exactly pretty, my blond hair was boring and nothing like the glossy smooth styles you saw in the magazines. My blue eyes were dull and they were too big for my face. My body was okay, I guess... I was always petite but after a few years of competitive volleyball, I gained a few inches making me 5'6".