Prologue

"Morning, Doc!" Bati ng mga bagong 1st year residents ng makasalubong nila ako palabas ng ospital. Maybe it's their first day. They're too jolly. And so fresh.

"Magandang umaga din" sagot ko sa kanila while I'm taking off the tie on my hair, revealing my shoulder length brown curly hair. I always get compliments about my hair because it's naturally curly and it matches my hazel brown eyes which makes me look younger and fierce. Many residents think that I'm strict and not approachable, which I'm not. it's just that being open gets you in trouble and I don't want something in my past happen again. I don't know if I'll be able to stand up again.

I suddenly remember myself back then when I was a resident. Happy, eager to learn, so excited to wear that white coat knowing that you'll finally be able to wear it in the hospital doing rounds and you can't wait to have meet your first patient not knowing what will happen next, and in lov--- "Im sorry I didn't see you th-"

"Amaris" Dark brown eyes, the manly scent of his perfume, pink lips, that nose that I keep on pinching before. That well defined face and body. He grew well. But..

What the actual fuck? The audacity of him looking like nothing happened, like he didn't left me when I had nothing and no one to lean on, he's here. He's actually really here, now that I'm okay and standing on my own feet with no one behind me. All the anger, the sadness and rage went right back up when I remember the moment I really loathe.

I just walked right past him not giving him a single glance. Like he's nothing, which he should be.

"AMARIS! Come on, I know you saw me, talk to me please" sabi nya habang hinahabol ako. Well I'm not actully running I'm just walking fast, you know I just want to avoid him okay?. He's still persistent as he was before. But no, I'm not falling for that again. I walked as fast as I could, not even greeting my co doctors in the parking lot that saw me because I'm too pre occupied of the man following me. I reached my keys at my purse when he suddenly grabbed my car keys from me,

"I can sue you, you know" I told him sounding irritated "Give it back, My time is precious so stop acting so childish in front of me, I don't have time to play with your games anymore" he was taken a back with what I said. Why, I was just being honest.

"I said I'm sorry" lowering down his hands and shoulder down, which shows that he's sad. " I just want to talk to you and explain. Can we talk? Please?" He pleaded.

"There's nothing left to talk about, everything was already explained when you left me when I was in need of somebody to lean on. I was there for you, you never heard me complain or get mad even when there's something to get mad about but I trusted you, I love you so damn much that I'm willing to sacrifice everything for you, but what did you did when I needed you? You chickened out! You left me to suffer by myself! And now when I'm all okay and stable you'll come back again?! For what? To break me once more?" I said panting, remembering that night, fighting the battle alone.

I didn't even noticed that I'm crying, "Just stop. Spare me the heartbreak, I'm already broken. I already realized that in this world you don't have anyone else but yourself" As I said that I grabbed my keys from his hand, got in my car and left. Leaving him there standing and looking at my car driving away from his sight.

What a day.