CHAPTER 1: Life couldn't be better.

"Adam, I'm going to be late." I giggle as Adam continues to plant kisses on my neck.

"Late for what? We have an entire summer break." He whispers in my ear and kiss me again. I smile into the kiss and reciprocate it and tangle my fingers in his hair.

"Adam." I giggle loudly and he laughs and picks me up. He picks me up from the bed and pins me against the wall. He continues to torture me with kisses. His kisses are like sweet honey and I literally can't get enough. His lips -don't even get me started on that- that is a whole lot of sweetness, sensualism and pure sin wrapped in one.

His hands trail down the side of my body and the hot trail left behind scorches on my body and I can't help but think that if Adam wanted to take things to the next level, I wouldn't object. My breathing comes out in short gasps and I tug on his smooth, dark brown hair.

Adam pulls my crop top over my head and I am left in my bra and shorts. His kisses trails down my neck to my cleavage and my chest moves up and down due to my heavy breathing.

"A-Adam." I breathe and he winks at me continues his sweet torture.

Jeez, I might just get a pocket sized Adam to keep with me.

"Tell me to stop." Adam says softly, but I don't even know what's my own name, much less have the self control to stop Adam's sweet, sweet torture.

"I-" I start, but then my disoriented thought process is stopped by my bedroom door being flung open.

"Claire, We need- holy shit, get a room!" Cade yells as he comes in and immediately goes out again, effectively ruining the moment.

"We did get a room." Adam mutters and begrudgingly hands me my top back. I nervously pull it over my head and try to tame my now messy hair.

"Talk about a buzz kill." Adam mumbles and I laugh and peck his cheek.

"Well, I did warn you that I am going to be late." I say and run a brush through my hair.

"Late for what?" He asks.

"I have that dental appointment with Cade. I told you like ten times already." I answer him, rolling my eyes.

"Well I have been occupied by this gorgeous vixen." He whispers and tries to pull me in for another kiss, but I back away laughing.

"Adam, I will be late and then Cade will leave me to go alone." I say and he actually pouts but mumbles an okay. I wink at him and we walk out of my room talking and me giggling about random pick up lines Adam spews at me.

"You done, sis?" Cade asks suggestively and I roll my eyes and Adam playfully punches his shoulder.

"Yes I'm done. Let's go."

|||

"So, you and Adam are getting serious?" Cade asks as he's driving us to the dentist. We were both scheduled for a checkup so we manuevered our appointments so that it can be on the same day.

"Yes, we're going good, since our relationship is finally occuring under normal circumstances." I answer happily and grin.

"But are you guys, you know... Active?" He asks with a grimace feeling extremely uncomfortable. My eyes widen and I am sure if I was drinking something then I would've spat it out.

"Cade! Ew, you're my brother. I'm not talking about my love life to you!" I exclaim horrified.

"I know, I don't like it more than you do, but I just want to make sure that you're both safe. I mean, Lilah and Oliver's baby is seriously enough for me and-" He rambles but I butt in.

"Cade! I will say this once only and then we'll never have this conversation ever again: No, we didn't do that yet. And yes if it comes to that I promise to be 'safe'. Now can we please stop this conversation?" I ask exasperated and Cade nods fervently.

"Got it. Conversation dropped. Just so you know, I am just looking out for you." He says softly and I smile and lightly squeeze his forearm.

"I know. I appreciate it. I just never had a brother looking out for me." I say and smile.

"Well, I am here forever so get used to it." He laughs and I smile softly.

"Now let's get to the dentist. I can definitely see some cavities lurking out." He jokes and I slap his arm.

"Ass." I mutter.

|||

Life couldn't be better.

Well, apart from the fact that my mouth is a bit numb from the anesthetics, but otherwise I am feeling good.

I smile down at Clarissa, my namesake and she giggles and grabs my finger.

"Yes, you are the prettiest baby in the world." I say  in a googly voice and she giggles loudly and blabbers about in baby language.

She starts playing with the rest of my fingers as I contently watch my Top Gear box set. I can't be the only one who absolutely adores watching the famous trio mess about in cars.

"Guess who's back?"

I glance back and see Oliver and Lilah walking in my house. Oliver takes Clarissa from me and she giggles at the sight of her father.

"Thanks again for babysitting, Claire." Lilah says gratefully and kisses my cheek.

"You know that I'd never complain, right?" I say grinning at the beautiful baby. "I take my godmother duties very seriously."

Lilah laughs and the little family stays with me for an hour before they leave to Oliver's apartment.

The big benefit of having rich parents is that you don't have to worry about something like a teenage pregnancy.

Oliver's dad immediately bought them an apartment, saying that they'll need their privacy after Clarissa reached 6 months of age. Oliver started working at his dad's company and Lilah put studying off for a while after we finished high school a few months ago.

Jeez, if only my parents were that lenient.

Cade and I are both going to study at the same university, but I am going for mechanical engineering and Cade is getting a degree in criminology. Becca will also be there studying psychology. Brad is at the same university as Adam and he's studying dental health.

Adam is at another uni, but luckily it is still in close range and he's studying medicine to be a doctor.

Yep, my man is hella smart.

"Now for some food." I mutter and walk to my fridge yet again for some snacks. .

In the most quiet moments of the days I miss him.

Zayn.

After that fateful night I never saw him again. Sometimes I'd hear his laughter or voice in a crowd, but I know that it's just a figment of my imagination. I regularly go and visit his grave and keep contact with his sister, but other than that, nothing.

I would love to see him again one day and just thank him for doing what he did, after I slapped him silly of course.

But I will always remember him. He'll always be a part of my life, even though he's not here.

He made sure that I have a future with Adam and that's more than I could ask for, since Adam is the sole reason why I am keeping sane.

Why?

Well, there's something else making my world not so perfect sounding.

And with that thought, I clutch my stomach in pain and bend over, trying to muffle m screams.

It is back