Part 18: 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝗼𝐳𝐞𝐧

"𝐁𝐥𝗼𝗺𝗺𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝗼𝐰𝐞𝐫"

"𝐁𝐥𝗼𝗺𝗺𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝗼𝐰𝐞𝐫"

"Daiyu!"

Xiao yelled into the house. It was a small overgrown shelter that Xiao found and used to let Daiyu rest while she was sick.

Nothing answered back.

Xiao sped through the different rooms calling her name but finding nothing.

"Xiao..." Daiyu said sickly. She was pale and balled up in the corner.

Xiao called her name softly and rushed over to her shaking form.

"Your so cold.." he thought aloud and Daiyu covered her small cough.

Xiao hugged her closer to him and pulled out a smal cube looking eye from the water hypothesis.

"I'll get you some water" he said and sat up "stay her for me my love".

•••

Xiao ran swiftly through the forest making sure to hide when he got to close to the hilichurl camps.

He would deal with them no problem but he didn't have time at the moment.

Soon enough he had arrived at the small run down hut.

It was still everything he had remembered it to be.

"Daiyu"

•••

"Xiao! It's snowing!"

Daiyu shouted to the sleeping adepti.

Xiao stirred in his sleep but woke up nonetheless.

He tiredly walked up to his lover and wrapped his pale arms around her petite form.

"Isn't it beautiful" Daiyu smiled and hugged his arms closer to her.

"I'm just happy your feeling better" Xiao said calmly and nuzzled his face into her neck.

"Let's go outside" Daiyu said and before Xiao could protest she was already outside playing in the fresh snow.

Xiao followed behind her and stood on the deck of the house smiling.

Daiyu tasted the snow on her tongue and laughed.

She continued to play but was hit with a wave of dizziness.

She felt sick and it was getting harder to breathe by the second.

Daiyu collapsed onto the snowy ground.

Xiao ran to her side and held her in his arms.

"Daiyu! It's ok!" Xiao said frantically trying her stop her eyes from rolling.

He carried her into the warm house and set her down onto the soft futon.

Daiyu eventually started breathing again and was able to regain a small amount of consciousness enough to keep her crystal blue eyes open.

Xiao brewed her some tea and made her some onigiri.

Daiyu sat up and frank her tea while Xiao held her from falling backwards.

Once she finished her meal she laid back down and Xiao placed a warm rag over her blushing face.

"How are feeling?" He asked quietly.

Daiyu smiled "I'm better now".

Xiao got up and walk away but Daiyu grabbed his hand.

"Please don't leave"

♥︎♡︎♥︎