Chapter 1 (^-^)

"Zes, Sweetie, breakfast is ready," My mum called out.

     "Coming mum," I said.

     I glanced at the mirror and grunted as I lost the battle with my hair, a battle that had been going on for an hour. Glaring at my wavy waist-length brown hair, I put it in a bun while muttering a string of curses and complaints. I glance at my outfit, an oversized beige sweater, and black jeans. Satisfied with my outfit I look around my room, I am gonna miss this cozy place. Sighing, I grab my phone and hop down the spiral of stairs.

     "I am telling you, Ren, my mom loves you more than me," I state as I reached the kitchen.

     Ren is Serene's nickname. I've been calling her Ren for 2 years now. She is my dad's business partner's daughter and no, I didn't meet her through my dad, She is in my highschool well was... we graduated. I don't exactly remember how we became besties, it just happened.

     My mum was serving Ren breakfast, I mean second breakfast as she has already eaten from her house.

     "Tell me about it," My brother, Zach muttered sitting on the other side of the dining table waiting for food.

     "Serve yourself, Zach." I rolled my eyes smiling.

     I glanced at the chair my dad was supposed to be seated in. He is not here... Why am I surprised? It's been years since I have seen him in person. Yet I had a small hope he would come to bid me goodbye.

     "Zes..." Zach started.

     Knowing what he was going to say, I just speed walked to the front door, walking out of it. It's been like this for years.

     My dad, being chairman of his company and a billionaire, is and was never home, for I have never seen him in this place. I gave up hope that he would come one day and spend some time with me. Seeing other children spending time with their father just makes me jealous. I may have a wish some miracle would happen and he would spend time with me. I may get everything I need except dad's love and time.

     I am happy I can start a new life away from Europe, I am going to Canada for the rest of my studies.

     "Here!" Ren handed me a wrapped sandwich.

     "Thanks," I smiled taking the sandwich.

     "Alright! I have to go home. Will see you at the airport." Ren hugged me.

     She got into her car where her bodyguard, Gavin, was waiting and sped off.

     I got inside to check my luggage and bid everybody goodbye. My mum walked out with me. She looked around-I knew who she was looking for my dad. She also hoped he would be here to send me off. I glared at the man in a black suit standing in the distance, a bodyguard arranged by my dad. I took my pocket knife out of my pocket throwing it in the direction of the man. It hit the tree an inch away from his head. He gulped before walking away. I know his name. Um...Um... Laurence. Yes!

     "Why are you doing this Zes? It's for your protection," I heard my mum ask.

     "I don't need protection, I can protect myself, and even if I get hurt or die it's his fault," I glared at my mum.

     My mum sighed and hugged me. Sighing I return it, tightening my grip.

     "I am scared," I muttered.

     "Don't be, you are one brave girl," My mother embraced me.

     "Mum, I am sure he is doing it again. I am telling you I am gonna shave his head one day," I grumbled as we waited for Zach.