#1

It's 5:56 PM on a Friday evening.

I haven't started my own work.

My goodness, I'm stressed. The speed at which new tasks and projects come aren't in tandem with the speed at which I can output. But what I'm I saying. When are they ever?

The whole day today was filled with meetings and calls and questions and no answers and delays and pendings. The waters are rough and I'm trying my best to stay afloat but it's inundating

I'm 2.5 months into my new role. I was excited for this change and hoping that I would have finally found a career path I could thrive in. Guess not. Or maybe it's too early to tell?

I have a feeling I'm not much of a multi-tasking brain. But being in digital marketing and events... well what was I expecting. 

Dear Emma: Get your shit together. C'mon.

Yes, that's me. Emma. Twenty-two. Fresh graduate, joined a nice, big company. I graduated with ambitious dreams and bright eyes and a smile on my face knowing the future was filled with good things to come.

And I'm sure they will. It's just, currently? Currently, nope. Fancy graduate job advertisements are a lie and your soul dries up of any passion it might have had.

Just kidding. I'm sorry for making it so dramatic. But hey, if you know you know.

Okay, but it's not all dark and stormy. I do have fun with the creative thinking tasks and working with different teams and agencies. And when you see your finished work? When managers commend you? That sense of achievement is priceless.

A small ping comes up on my laptop. It's the internal company IM system. And this is possibly the best things that's happened to me today. 

A message from Alexander.