chapter one

•Emma's pov.•

Today is my first day of High School. New town, new people, and obviously a new school. We moved to California from New York a couple weeks ago. I wasn't really a big fan of New York considering there were a lot of robberies, break-ins, etc. I'm just hoping California will be different.

-

"Emma! You're going to be late!" My mom hollered from downstairs.

"Coming." I mumbled, not sure if she heard me or not. I stumbled down the stairs, and out the door and to my moms car. I was now a senior. I had no friends, no clue how to get around town, etc. For school, I decided on wearing high waisted shorts, black crop top, a flannel and black vans. (a/n- photo of outfit^)I straightened my long, light brown hair, and added a small amount of makeup. We arrived at the school after a 10 minute, awkward car ride. I walked in the school and was unsure of where the office was. I looked around, probably looking stupid but that's okay. I got weird looks from people but I didn't care.

I finally found my way to the office after probably 20 minutes. They gave me my schedule and I made my way to my fist class. They had told me that they would get my locker and everything done before lunch time. I still didn't know where every class was but oh well. I walked in my first class and the teacher greeted me.

"Hello, you must be Emma." She smiled. I smiled back, and nodded. "Class, this is our new student, Emma." She turned to me, "have you been showed around yet?"

"No, not yet." I replied.

"Kylie, would you be kind enough to show her around?" The teacher asked.

"Yeah." Kylie said, making it obvious that she had no interest in me. She rolled her eyes, and walked up to me. "Well, let's go." Her 6-inch heels made her way taller than me. I couldn't even tell what she actually looked like with all that caked-on makeup. Her eyebrows were obviously drawn on. I don't like to judge, but she was probably doing the same to me.

We walked out the door and she showed me around. She was on her phone, giggling half the time. So I said something.

"Um are you just going to be on your phone this whole time orr..?" She looked at me, rolled her eyes, and turned her phone off.

-
-

After a waste of 6 hours of my day, my mom picked me up. I did have my license but my mom thinks I'm going to crash the car or get hurt and things like that. It's a little embarrassing being a senior and having your mom picking you up 24/7.

*authors note*
this is my second book and hopefully it's waay better than the first one bc that one was really bad. yes I know Matthew does not live in California but it's a fanfiction so just go with it. Also, Matthew is NOT famous or a viner or anything like that in this story. Anyways, I hope you enjoy. 😊💖

~kaylei. 🌿