Ripples in the pond

Minutes have gone by and the strong rain has turned into light drizzle but the umbrella is still over my head. I realized I'm drenched, not with the rain, but with the pain inside my chest.

Hold on hold on, I tell myself, but the tears start to pour down slowly and slowly until all I see is a blurred image of water.

The world seems so sad that it covers the brightness within me. The darkness and sadness have filled the empty spaces in my soul.

And I think it will be forever...

I look down into the pond and see some ripples brought by the droplets of rain. Then it strikes me, he's gone. He left without knowing the truth, without me telling him nor giving him a clue. Because I was too afraid and too fragile inside to have the courage to speak.

And it was too late. Too late for him to hear..

"Want some company?"

I heard a voice. I gulp and recognize the voice. My silent heart starts to beat so fast.

I didn't look up for he might know I've been crying..

"Why are you here?" I ask while focusing on the ripples. My grip to the handle of the umbrella tightens.

"I was just thinking that maybe you'd be alone in here and I guess I'm right." he says.

"I thought you had left." It was almost a whisper.

Seconds pass before he speaks again.

"Don't you want to talk to me face to face?" he asks.

I think he wants me to keep my umbrella. He's taller so he can't see my face. But no, not this time. When I look this weak.

"Why aren't you leaving yet? I thought today is your flight." I change the subject. He has come for some reason I don't exactly know.

I saw his foot playing with the pebbles on the ground. I wonder what took him so long to respond. I'm not asking a difficult question, am I?

"I realize that leaving isn't the problem. It is me.." he finally says. I still don't understand.

His name is Jungkook Jeon. He has been my neighbor for almost 3 years already. I disliked him at first for he seemed to be so annoying but in the middle of summer on that year, who would've thought that a beautiful friendship would bloom.

And I thought it was forever, until feelings change, mouths become mute, eyes speak the truth, and fear clouded me.

Fear stayed and didn't go. Then it just happened that we no longer talk the usual way we do. We became so awkward. I then found the distance between us. It just happened.

He continues. "I realize that it was wrong for me to believe that I'd be happier to go and build a new life and follow what my parents think what's best for me. My newfound happiness is here. It is in this place. Where two people sit on the bench, wait for the sun to set, and wonder everytime how beautiful the world is. Where two people think that craziness will have no end. Where they think that they are different but have the same interests in almost everything. Where they realize that they are like magnets, always attached. Where they look in each other's eyes almost ready to share a kiss but the other one looked away and from then on, things have changed.." I can hear the sadness in his tone.

Those two people are us. I was the one who looked away.

"Ailee..." He mentions my name. "...would you believe that there are two people in this world who are perfectly made for each other but they do not know because they're too afraid to seek for answers. Because they are thinking that the right things are wrong which in the first place are not.."

That is because I am afraid. Being afraid is sometimes the safest way and the simplest thing to do...yet the one people regret most in the end.

"Look at me " He slowly pushes aside the umbrella. He can see me now. He knows now I've been crying. He sees my soul. He looks at me with deep concern and cups my face. "I thought you'd be happy and fine without me."

I swallow hard. "I-I'm sorry..." My voice cracks.

"I shouldve known this one already. Or maybe I already did. Ive always thought that leaving will make everything clear. In fact it does. It's all clear to me now. It is all because of you. I came back for you. Because you... You are my newfound brightness.."

I want to be brave now. My heart is leaping with joy.

He smiles at me and moves closer inch by inch until there's no more space in between and our lips touch.

We smile between the kiss. Then I hug him. No one can separate us now.

Hugging him is like telling him the things I badly want to say. No words have been spoken but I know he understands it so well. It all make sense now.

The ripples in the pond caught my eye. They can be seen because of the droplets that flow from the leaves in a tree near the pond.

It is just like me loving him. I flow and fall and create ripples. And I will not be able to stop.

end

[A/N: Hello!! Thank you for reading this oneshot or short story of mine..:)) Actually I specially made this one for my monita last Christmas 2014. Her name is Ailee. We had a unique way of doing a monito monita. I chose "make a oneshot fanfic for your monita/o" :)) Anyway, unfortunately yung cover picture can't be uploaded :( Cp kse gamit ko. Pero pag nakapag web, lalagyan ko ^^... Thank you once again!]