c h a p t e r t h i r t y

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 - 𝘊𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

adrian

On Tuesday, I woke up later than usual. I didn't have school again, which I was beginning to hate. All the absent days were going to catch up with me and I was going to be way behind in all my classes, not to mention that my biography with Kobe still had to be completed.

The two of us had covered every aspect of each other besides the family part. I guessed our family lives was sensitive topics to both of us because as much as I put off the family topic, so did he.

I was worried about whether I would've been going to school at all that week so to get my mind off of it, I was alone at the kitchen island with a plate of waffles topped with whipped cream and a cup of coffee, phone in hand and scrolling through Instagram.

As I said, I woke up later than usual and that meant that my breakfast was spent alone in the kitchen. It wasn't like I minded anyway. The kitchen was probably the brightest room in the house because it got direct sunlight and the whole kitchen was white meaning they light reflected off it giving the kitchen the liveliest aura in the entire house.

It was calming.

I finished up the single waffle in silence, my AirPods blasting music in my ears.

After breakfast, instead of going up to my room, I used the exit in the dining hall -which I had no idea what it's use was considering all of us always ate in the kitchen- to go outside.

On Monday after I got told about my the new psychiatric help I would be receiving, I went outside for a breather because I needed space and because I have never been in my brothers garden before. after living with them for almost three full weeks.

While exploring, in the very back of the garden, which was pretty far away, there was a giant pool, probably twice the size of my room and the deep end had a 10' marking.

A little further away from the pool was an outdoor basketball court that look fairly brand new and between the space from the exit-way of the house and the basketball court was a makeshift soccer field with goal posts on either, like an actual soccer field would look.

Speaking of soccer field, I was walking across it, my AirPods still blasting music and my gaze trained on my phone while I scrolled through Instagram.

From the corner of my eye, I saw something making it's way towards me, and fast. I looked up in time to a soccer ball hurdling towards my face. Instinctively, I clutched my phone tightly in my right hand and held both my hands up to block my face.

The ball hit my arms, hard, and landed on the ground, bouncing a couple of times before it stayed rolled away.

The force of the ball left an ache inn both of my forearms that I chose to ignore and instead yanked both of my AirPods out of my ears, shoved my phone in my hoodie pocket and focused all of my attention on my three seventeen year old brothers jogging towards me.