Prolougue

Piper stormed out of the room. I glared out of the window and watched him get into his Buick. He never really was home, now that I think about it. I remember thinking that he was acting strange. I thought he was causing stress on me, but looking back, well, It was the other way around. I was a total bitch to him.

When the car was out of my sight, I have to admit it, I sobbed. I knew why he would've hated me. It was all my fault. I mean, his best friend fucking died, and I had the nerve to think he could just get over it? He was gone. It happened nearly four months ago, four and four days to be exact. Besides, we weren't even that close. His name was Landon. He was broken. His funeral was a while back. I cried there, too. I cry a lot without even thinking much much of it anymore. I cry at funerals, weddings, baby showers, at my grandpa's seventy-sixth birthday party, alone.

This time, though, I wasn't wretched. My feelings were plainly anger. Angry because my ignorance had gotten to me. I hadn't realized how close he and my brother were. I kick myself now for never really having any friends at the time. There wasn't very much empathy in my veins. I thought Piper was just over reacting, but now I realize how oblivious I was.

I heard his car door slam shut and I ran to my room. I spent a few minutes trying to find the right playlist that related to my mood, but they all made everything even worse. I ended up listening to some 2007 throwbacks. I ripped off my uncomfortable skinny jeans. Then I opened my laptop.

Tumblr had always been my escape-route for everything. Maybe it was because everyone was so positive. Even though I tried to keep my theme strictly YouTubers, I ended up re-blogging aesthetic pictures or some stupid shit like that.

I finally fell asleep stalking an account; I don't remember whose, though. But I remember waking up to the sound of sirens.