It Happened that Night

Hey guys! I'm convinced that no one actually reads my stories so if you do drop a comment below please :) And if this isnt good sorry... Its just an idea and I'm deciding if I want to write more. Also I'm looking for an editor so if anyone wants to make my stories better just let me know :)

                                                                                                                                                                            -Sara             <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I headed up the front steps to my house, gently skipping towards the front door. On the entrance mat was a little package neatly wrapped in silver paper. My name was elegantly written on the tag, so I picked it up and headed inside. Once I had gotten safely into my room without being interrupted by any of my many family members, I sat on my bed and quickly unopened the package. In it was a necklace and a note. I pulled the silver chain from the box. "Oh my god!"  I said to myself fearfully. I dropped the necklace into the box and threw it at the ground. I clawed at the covers, wrapping them around me, I began to sob. All the memorys from that night that I had tried to forget came rushing back to me. My door opened, one of my older brothers, Charlie, stood in the doorway. When he noticed that I was bawling he rushed to me and jumped on the bed beside me. "Julia, whats the matter?" He asked me soothingly. I couldnt bear to answer him but I was glad it was Charlie beside me. Out of my three brothers and two sisters Charlie was my favorite. He was always there for me and we were really close.  He let go of my hand which he had been holding comfortingly and grabbed the box from the ground.  He pulled out the necklace, his face twisted into a mask of confusion.

" Where did you get this?" He asked me. "It was on the doorstep." I replied, my voice was shaky. He unfolded the piece of paper and read it. His usually warm eyes turned cold. "Whoever did this to you, I'm going to kill." "Why-y-y" I stuttered. He just looked away and ripped the paper in half. "Charlie! What does it say?" I reached for the paper but he just kept rippiing it until it was microscopic shreds. "Just forget about this stupid package." He seethed, tucking the box into his coat pocket. Without another word he left my room, leaving me bewildered. I pulled myself out of bed, wiped the tears from my cheeks, and tried to forget what had just happened. But it wasnt that easy. Thoughts of that night kept coming back to me. The night that ruined my life. The night were only Charlie, Emily, me, and one other mysterious person knew what actually happened. 

I fooled around on my computer for a while then sent an email to the police investagator: Just wondering if anything has been found. Within ten minutes he responded: Julia I have told you a thousand times that if we find anything you will be the first to know. Maybe you need to forget Emily. He has told me this before, but I couldnt. I will never be able to stop blaming myself for what happened to her. There was a knock at my door. "Come in!" I shouted. My one-year-older-than-me brother, Chase came in to my room. "Mom says its dinner time." He mumbled, definetly not the friendliest person alive... at least torwards me. "K be down in a sec." I told him. 

It was a normal family dinner... if you could count any thing my family did as normal. Charlie and I were completely quite the whole time. I kept glancing at him but everytime we made eye contact he looked away.  After we all finished eating and cleaning the kitchen I went up to my room. I walked in and noticed something weird on my window. Grabbing it,  I quickly read the yellow sticky note. It said: I know what you have to hide. I crumpled it into a ball and threw it at the wall with all the force I had. Then I sank down my wall crying for the second time that night. Nobody came to comfort me this time so I cried until it felt like there was no more tears. I decided that I had to talk about this with someone so I headed torwards Charlie and Deans room. Luckily Dean wasnt home, he was eighteen so most of the nights he was gone. "Whats up?" Charlie asked as I jumped onto his bed. I threw the note at him with a sigh. He unfolded it, read it, then crumpled it up again. I could tell he was speechless. "Where did you find this?" He asked, total deja vu. "It was on my window." I muttered. "Someone was in our house!?" He asked starting to freak out. "Yes. And you me and... Emily are the only people that knew the truth about that night. So who could possibly be doing this?" I asked him, hoping for an answer. He covered his face with his hands and let out a stressfull groan.

"I have absolutely no idea." He said finnaly. For a while we just sat there thinking. " Should we call the cops?" I asked breaking the silence. "And tell them what? Oh ya we found these notes referring back to that night... where we tottaly did not tell the whole truth." He said the sarcasm seething out of his mouth. "Well what else can we do about it?" I cried. "Did you ever tell anyone else about it?" He asked me. "No, no one." I said truthfully. "And neither did I... so this means were dealing with the one other person who knew about it." He said solemly. "Emily?" I whispered. "It has to be. Or the person who did it to her." "We dont even know what happened to her!" I shouted at him angry now. "Calm down! I don't know Jewls... maybe she's still here..."  I shook my head vigorously. "She cant be." Was all I said.