Chapter One

"Lu?" The Riolu looked around for its parents. He had hatched a few hours ago and all he could remember was hearing a scary, loud sound and being thrown in a big, wooden box. He was still inside that box. It was moving. He could hear voices. Scary ones. They did not sound like the voices of Pokemon, or friendly trainers. They sounded like the voices of big, scary humans!
Riolu felt a jolt as the box he was in fell to the ground. The top of the box opened up. He looked out and saw a big (scary looking) truck, driving away. He saw more boxes in the truck. He knew they had Pokemon inside. He wanted to help them. He ran after the truck, but it was too fast, and rolled through a puddle, leaving him soaked.

--------------------------------FOUR YEARS LATER-------------------------------

Riolu yawned. He was lying on his bed, a pile of leaves and straw. He got up, had some breakfast (A berry from a tree he had found), and walked off to play. He sat on the grass, thinking about his life, when all if a sudden, he heard a voice from behind him. "Watcha doin?" He was very surprised, as he had not seen any other Pokemon for four years. "Who- what are you?" He asked the small, brown Pokemon. "I am an eevee, and my name is Ella." Said the Pokemon. "Who are you?" "My name is Riolu." He replied. "It's nice to meet you."

"So, where are your parents?" Asked Ella. "I don't know." Replied Riolu. Ella frowned. "What do you mean, you don't know?" She asked. " I mean, you must have some memory of them." "All I know is that I have not seen my parents in four years." Riolu said. "Well, have you ever tried looking for your parents?" Ella suggested. "Ya know what? That isn't a bad idea!" Riolu exclaimed. "I'll go right now!" "WAIT!" Riolu turned. "I want to go with you!" Ella said, happily.