The Arm in Mo Village and First Meeting Uncle Wuxian

Two people were discussing at the entrance of the Gusu Lan sect. One was a teenage girl around 18 years old, wearing the white robes of Lan with the nine-petalled lotus of the Jiang embroidered on her sleeves, the Lans signature ribbon on her forehead, and on her belt was the Jiang's clarity bell and Lan's jade pendant.

The other was a male, who looked to be in his early thirties donning the Lan sect uniform as Sect Leader. Sect leader Lan, also known as Zewu-jun was making sure his daughter and her two martial brothers have everything they needed.

Lan Xichen fretted, "are you sure you have everything you need? Your sword and dizi are with you? what about your medicine bag and talismans have you-"

Lan Mingyu gently soothed her father's nervousness with a smile, "yes father, I have everything I need. There's no need to worry uncle Wangji will be joining us after he finished his night hunt."

Lan Xichen sighed, he knew his daughter can take care of herself but he can't help but hover sometimes. The sect leader was snapped out of his thoughts when his child gently tugged his hair with a look that said 'I'll be fine' he sighed again but smiled back in return, "take care of yourself okay?" and with that the two separate, one heading towards her martial brothers and the other to their residence.

The heiress smiled at her companions, "are we good to go?" both boys smiled back, "yes shijie," with that confirmation the trio headed towards their destination Mo Village.

...

The Lan cultivators arrived at Mo Manor with the servants leading them to the main hall where Madam Mo prepared meals for the trio. Lan Mingyu sat in the middle with Lan Yuan courtesy name Sizhui at her left and Lan Jingyi on her right. As the servants poured their tea Madam Mo admitted, "I hear the disciples of Lan Clan are great heroes, every single one of you are so gorgeous, so high-spirited, so bright and brave. The cream of the crop!"

Madam Mo turned to the female Lan who drank her cup with grace and elegance, "and young madam Lan truly is a rare jade, the genius, the fairest of your generation. Your fathers must be so proud," Lan Mingyu simply smiled neither confirming nor denying the madam's claim.

Lan Sizhui inquired, "Madam Mo, you've told us the zombie epidemic is a recent occurrence?"

Madam Mo answered "yes, some have even invaded the village. And lately, cultivators have come around, talking about a night-hunt."

Lan Mingyu, "Yes. Cultivators enjoy traveling and demon hunting. They often appear at night, thus the name."

Madam Mo indulged the Lan trio about her son wanting to be a cultivator but never had the chance to prove himself when said person suddenly burst in, complaining about someone named Mo Xuanyu. The trio glanced at each other with her martial brothers who looked a bit uncomfortable and Lan Mingyu with some suspicion. Madam Mo turned to the trio embarrassed by the scene her son caused.

Commotion outside stirred everyone's attention as a man ran away from the servants chasing him and a stubborn donkey braying loudly. The man -whom Lan Mingyu identified as Mo Xuanyu- tripped, and was about to fall face first if it weren't for her, "careful."

Wei Wuxian who was currently residing in Mo Xuanyu's body observed the female closely, forehead ribbon with cloud motifs, mourning robes with nine petaled lotus embroidered on her sleeve, a Jiang clarity bell- wait! a Jiang clarity bell!? Now that he got a good look at her Wei Wuxian concluded she looked familiar but he couldn't pinpoint who.

The heiress blinked in surprise when the man she was supporting grinned and exclaimed, "pretty jiejie! do you know the one that's hiding my things?"

Lan Jingyi was about to pull him off but stopped when his shijie gave him a look that says 'I can handle this' and huffed. Lan Mingyu gave one of her motherly smiles and asked, "may I ask what you are talking about young master Mo?" without giving him time to answer Madam Mo ordered her servants to kick her nephew out.

Wei Wuxian dashed to a pillar and clung to it like a tick, claiming that he will only leave if his cousin returned his stolen items. Losing his temper Mo Ziyuan threw a table that Wei Wuxian easily dodged and made a dash behind Lan Mingyu shouting "Murderer! He wants to kill me!". Before the brat could even touch him, the female Lan easily caught his hand in a tight grip.

Wei Wuxian noticed the tight smile on her face as Lan Sizhui tried to dissipate the young master's temper. Madam Mo tried to save face by making excuses which only ticked off the female Lan and shielded Wei Wuxian when the brat lost his temper again when Wei Wuxian swore he will cut his arm off if he tries to steal again.

Lan Sizhui instructed them to close their windows and stay home so they could prepare to capture and eliminate the problem. Lan Mingyu was strolling around, making sure the servants were in their sleeping quarters when she stumbled upon Wei Wuxian by leaning against a pillar looking at the flags. The reincarnated Wei Wuxian sensed her approaching him and hollered, "pretty jiejie! thank you for protecting me from my evil cousin, is pretty jiejie okay and not hurt?" he tilted his head for added effect. Lan Mingyu chuckled, "Your welcome young master Mo, and I'm fine I wasn't harmed, although you have to stay indoors so the spirits and zombies won't target you" she guided him to a guest room which he concluded was her room.

Lan Mingyu was shutting the door when Mo Xuanyu chimed, "pretty jiejie please be careful your the nicest person I've ever met" the teen blinked in surprise before consoling him, "I'm glad you see me as a friend young master Mo, don't worry when this is over I can make you some sweets".

Bless this girl's parents for raising a kind soul although I wonder why she looks familiar, Wei Wuxian praised her parents unknowing that she was related to him.