Chp. 1 part 1

Her name was Rare. She was born into an impotent family, a family that was ignored, a family that no one knew about. They could do whatever they wanted and no one would care, unless they did something no powerless family should do. Like recognizing familiars, and elements. Sadly, being in Crownia Island with no powers was very strange, and uncommon. This meant people like them were living in harsh conditions.
There was a little river the family visited once a week. It was a little place that they could hide, away from the real world, the world in which they did not fit in. They loved it there. Rare loved it the most though. She loved water, she always played with it, bonded with it too. She loved the river so much, that by age 11 she recognized the element secretly. She found many familiars as well.
One day she realized that she wasn't powerless. Her element was water, and there was no second guessing that. She began to visit the river more frequently, practicing her newly found powers.
After 4 weeks of stressing herself out, her parents caught on. They followed her after she finished her homework, realizing she was going to the river. Once they stopped walking, they stared, mesmerized at the sight they were seeing. Their daughter, recognizing, following, and controlling an element. They never thought this would happen, even shocked that it could happen. They weren't shocked in a nice way though. They wanted this power, but they were just a few, weak, impotent beings. Of course, this meant they were extremely jealous of their daughter's power, and success in mastering the element.
The parents began to gossip. Soon enough everyone in the family knew about the power Rare had. 2 of her sisters were supporting, congratulating her on her powers. While the other sister was reeking of jealousy so much that it showed. The family couldn't bear it any longer, so her parents decided to kick Rare out.
With no shelter, or food to keep her striving, she silently cries in the face of her two palms. What would she do now? What would happen to her? She decides to go to the river and faces her problems. She worked day and night until she thought she was good enough to fight for herself. And now, she would never give up, and never look down. She says to herself that she needs to change entirely. That she needed to keep calm, and stay at peace, even if she felt anger.
Quite quickly after this decision, she meets a familiar. A wolf. A male blue wolf. He was gorgeous, with silky soft fur, but a seemingly tough exterior. She keeps calm, letting the wolf approach her. The wolf sniffs her, then sits down beside her. They fell asleep beside each other, not knowing that in the morning, they would already have an unbreakable bond.
They woke up in eachothers embrace. Wherever the girl would go, the wolf would follow. So she left the river stream, and the wolf was still by her side. She chose to accept it, because that was what the new her would do. It felt like she walked for miles, she looked down by her side, and the wolf was still there. That night, she lay down, with the wolf still by her side. All of a sudden, she feels herself lift off the ground, and she sees her wolf in the air as well.
She felt herself transform, and a mirror appeared in front of her.'This must be my creature!' she thought. She was a sylph, and she had a dolphin badge on her chest. 'Oh, and this must be my spirit animal!' She said to herself. The mirror disappeared, the wolf still in the air, beaming a bright blue light. It couldn't be, but it could. The wolf was now marked as hers, and her element belonged to the wolf. The wolf was now a water wolf.
5 years had passed. The wolf was given a name, "Gummy" . They lived very, very happily, and one day, "The Wishing Star" came. Rare wished on the star for a bigger family, and met her friends on the streets of Aliqua Island the next day.