01 - Monday

Narrator's POV

Rhyme and TK are walking to school while the girls are waiting for Rhyme. Rhyme was walking and dancing down the street, merrily, while TK is running after her. She was listening to "Birds of a Feather" by the Featherettes.

"Hurry up TK! I'm already late."

"This is the last walk of our summer!", TK responds.

Rhyme is slowing down while TK is catching up. 

"You walk by my house on your way to school everyday." Rhyme says.

"Yeah, but this year i'm on the swim team!"

"Yeah and i'm hopefully, on the dance team..."

TK quickly gets out his vintage camera to take a photo of Rhyme. Rhyme is worrying that she won't be able to qualify for the dance team this year.

"So, stop rushing", TK replies.

"Oh, come on, the girls and I always walk together on the first day of school!" TK shoves the camera in his bag so then he could catch up with Rhyme. 

"Yeah Yeah, Chicken Girls. Couldn't have y'all come up with a better ship name? Like something more mature sounding?"

CHICKEN GIRLS

School is starting and everyone is getting ready to go to their classes. Homerooms have started to fill up slowly. People sit down outside and chat. Birdie and Rooney walking up the steps. On the other hand, the girls are standing there for a long time period while people pass, but Rhyme does not show up. The girls gave up waiting for her and walked.

"My sister and I really bonded this summer." 

"You and your sister haven't gotten along ever since she started dating Henry." Elle had said.

"They broke up!", Quinn replied. 

"Really?"

"After they broke up, she got like really into photography and now she's taking pictures for the school newspaper! Check it out."

"When did you get a phone?", Elle asked.

"Right before the trip."

"Do all of our friends have one except for me?", Elle asked again.

"I don't know, let me check the group chat.", Quinn responded.

"There's a group chat?!"

Elle felt bad that she had not gotten a phone yet but, her friends had. She wanted a phone really bad like her friends did.

As they were walking, Elle had saw her friend Kayla from dance camp walking towards the classes.

"Kayla!", Elle screamed in excitement.

When Kayla was running towards Elle, Quinn had asked, "Who's Kayla?". Being Confused, Elle had told her that they had met at dance camp.

"You're gonna love her!", Elle said happily.

They had hugged and Quinn was not so happy at all that Elle made a new friend. Quinn was looking up and down at Kayla like she was weird.

"Hey Quinn, this is my friend Kayla!", Elle had said.

"Elle has been helping me prep for team tryouts.", Kayla said.