First Impressions

SkimbleShanks

I watch her tilt the disposable cup as she finishes her last sip of her coffee. She attempts to dispose of the cup by throwing it into the trash can 20 ft away from us. Of course she misses. Well maybe not misses completely, because the cup nails a man in the head, who is sitting on a bench next the the trash can.  He looks towards the direction of where the cup had started near me.  Adi blurts out a rushed apology, " I'm so sorry, I thought it would go into the trash, but I missed." She blushes obviously embarrassed and folds her hands. I snicker.  He replies with a snarky remark, "yeah I can tell." She lets out a little laugh and we continue to walk down the street. I than start up our conversation from five minutes ago, "you know I really do enjoy our Sunday outings and errands." Every week on this day, we go out for coffee and shop for the week.  She replies,

"Of course, plus I know you hate going to Pet Smart alone."

"I just feel like everyone stares at me, sorry if I have to drag you along."

"Oh no its fine, I don't mind at all."

"Good, I don't to be a burden."

We reach the Pet Smart entrance. Every Sunday we go to Pet Smart, and every time we do we grab the same things. Cat treats, four cans of tuna, and de-tangler. What? I have long luxurious fur ya know. 

Adrienne

I finish my Ice coffee. I'm feeling kinda rebellious today, so I decided to throw my cup into the trash. Except I didn't really throw it into the trash. I watched as the cup flew all the way and landed on a guys head.  He was sitting on the bench next to the trash can.  He had dark hair, eyeliner, and a band T-shirt with ripped blacked skinny jeans. He looked over at us. I felt bad but I was also trying really hard to hold in a laugh. I quickly apologies before I offend him. I've always hated confrontation, unless its with my annoying ass friends,"  I'm so sorry, I thought it would go into the trash, but I missed." I can hear Skimble snickering next to me. He responds "yeah I can tell." 

I laugh as we walk towards Pet-Smart. Skimble rambles on and thanks me for coming along. I know right I'm an amazing friend ;). Anyway Skimble picks up his items and we move on. We make a quick stop at goodwill and I pick out a few items and head to the checkout. Skimble than asks, " What did ya get"

"I got two shirts, A pastel yellow long sleeve, and a T-shirt that says "I ain't never seen two pretty best friends, its always one of them that gotta be ugly."

"You're an idiot."

Anywayyys, We check out and go our separate ways home. On my walk back i put in my earbuds and blast Tyler the Creator. It was a beautiful fall day and the trees were various shades of oranges and reds. Leaves crunched on the  ground as I walk. As I walk up to my apartment I hear homeless man yell outside about geese. I like geese. 

I open my door as the scent of sugar cookies fills my nose. I could tell my dad, John Mulany, was baking again. As I walk into the kitchen I see an ornate basket filled with cute little sugar cookies. My dad says to me, " hey could you give these to the new neighbors across the hall, they just got here and I want them to like us, oh and feel free to have a cookie that's on the cooling rack." I grab a cookie and take a bite. It tastes like shit. 

As I walk across the hall to deliver the cookies, I hear a loud constant banging. Its drums. Great. I can already tell how "fun" our new neighbors are gonna be. When I knock on the door I can hear the drums stop. A minute later the door opens. 

A familiar looking man answers the door. He has black hair, eyeliner and wait its the guy i hit with my cup earlier. He says, "Please tell me you don't have another cup." 

" No" I chuckle, "My dad just wanted me to drop these cookies off to the new neighbors, but I guess that's you, I'm Adi by the way."

"Thanks, I'm Rodrick."

"Ya know I could hear your drums from across the hall, I hope you don't play them late at night."

He smiles, "No promises, Did ya want to hear more?"

"Sure."