chapter 1 •start•

black is all i see.

i slowly open my eyes and tried to look around, only to find out i can't see. hearing muffled sounds turning to joyful words being poured directly towards me. in wonder of who is saying all these things to me i open my eyes looking up only to be blinded by a circular light. i try again, finding huge humanoid silhouettes cooing at me. i smile at all the praise i'm given and it seems the figures took my smile as gratitude and the one holding me starts kissing my head.

i flush red in embarrassment, 1 minute i was in the hospital now i don't know where i even am

~flashback~

in a white room, there is a little girl about the age of 10 sitting up in a white bed, with an unreadable expression.

the sun shines down on me from the window, next to the window there is a white table holding a glass vase filled with water, holding a single purple hyacinth gifted to me by my favorite cousin.

i'm reading about a famous swordsman, what they were famous for, and their most famous move.

i can't go outside, run, play with other kids, accomplish a win with my team, or support one another when we lose a game, can't go shopping with my mother, go on play dates with friends, go to fancy restaurants for family dinners,

just watch...

i guess you could call it living in the shadows. i didn't have any friends because i was drained of energy that i didn't have the strength to play or do normal things with them. they eventually started to avoid me thinking i was rude or mean since i always refused them. but... i don't want to be alone, i don't want to be left out, please don't ignore me i will try harder, i am still listening. i'm... sorry.

i know my parents love me but it's hard to feel that love when their so busy at work. it's so hard when your yearning for that love but a huge wall is just blocking your path. you have nowhere to go. your just reaching out, waiting for that someone to reach back, hug you, comfort you, but then the wall comes back and you realize no ones there.

so instead of normal activities i try to distract myself by reading fantasy novels, playing tactical games like chess, and reading the anatomy since they all piqued my interest. i could go on about the things i do in this one room. if you have as much time as me doing nothing, might as well make it interesting.

if you want to know why i'm in the hospital it's because i'm dreadfully ill. i feel a burden to my parents. i take pills and hope for another day for them. see how i said them yeah, the only reason i'm taking the medication is to make my parents happy. but i know it's only delaying the unavoidable.

i came here a few months after my 9th birthday so it's been around 1 year i've been stuck here and around this age is where death sets it's place on the victim of the menkes disease. it's funny i always wondered why i was so small compared to the other kids, i just have jacked up genes.

it's a very rare illness but yet i somehow got it.

today i didn't take the medication, i believe the doctors know today is my end, plus my parents came in and brought tons of gifts. one of them being the book i just finished of the swordsman

"thank you mother, father i love you both..."

'it's going to be okay your fine don't cry, don't cry, it's okay don't worry, don't cry at least not in front of them'

beep beep beep-

"alice, alice please don't go" my mother cries as my father hugs her in comfort with teary eyes.

right then i died. funny to say that. just one sentence like that. a snap of the fingers and gone. i wonder where i am.....

~flashback over~

it seems i just went through childbirth.... again. but i have all my memories from my past. wait shouldn't i have forgotten everything because i don't think babies should remember there "past life" so to say. there's no logica-

"what should we name her fugaku?" the women holding me said in a tired voice interrupting my thoughts

"yuuki. her name will be yuuki"

"yuuki sounds perfect. it means courage, bravery, & boldness that's what you'll be little yuuki" the woman said taping my miniature nose

after she said that i grew tired physically and mentally and thought a quick nap will do me good and fell asleep in the woman's arms.