Chapter One

It was a warm, blissful morning when Alexis woke up for work. Her auburn hair flowed freely down her slim back as she slouched off the bed like a sack of potatoes.

"Babe! Are you up?" She heard a familiar voice shout up the staircase.

"I am." Alexis replied, monotonously as she headed into the bathroom to get ready for work.

After her shower and after getting dressed, Alexis felt more awake and headed downstairs to greet her boyfriend of five years.

"Morning princess!" He smirked as he dished up some cooked breakfast for the two and finished pouring two cups of coffee.

After an hour, Alexis was finally ready to leave the house and her boyfriend Travis drove Alexis to the office she works at to drop her off.

*at work*
Alexis' boss walked straight over to Alexis with a large folder clutched between her arms and a coffee cup in one hand.

"Lex, I need you to be on top form this morning. We have a new client in today who's looking at working here full time as of tomorrow and as my superior, longest running employee, I need YOU to show him around and explain how we work round here." She said to which Alexis just nodded in response and took her seat at her desk.

About an hour later, the loud room was filled with silence and stares were being made at the double doors by the entrance. A tall brunette man stood there, probably late twenties or early thirties, holding a briefcase in one hand and a mobile phone in the other.

The boss, Hayley, headed over to greet the gentleman with a smile. Her blouse now had a top button or two missing as she bent over to shake his hand and flash some more cleavage at him.

"You must be Liam! I'm Hayley, the manager here at Prescott Enterprises. It's so lovely to meet you Mr. Betzing!" She said, fluttering her eyelashes at him.

He laughed nervously and shook her hand in response.

"Take a seat here next to Alexis. She will show you around and teach you what we do." Hayley motioned to the chair to which Liam sat down at.

"Hello! I'm Alexis. Call me Lex." Alexis said with a smile planted on her face.

"Hey! I'm Liam Betzing. Call me... Liam." He said with a smile. He seemed nervous and slightly shy.

Alexis soon got out of her chair and walked Liam to the first room in the building.
The kitchen.

"Here is the kitchen! They serve you your tea and coffees for you so you don't have to wait for the kettle to boil. It's always handy and more importantly, always free!" Alexis said and offered Liam a cappuccino, which he obliged and the two sat down at a spare table in the kitchen to drink their coffees.

"So tell me a bit about yourself Liam Betzing."

"First of all, call me Liam. Secondly, I'm twenty eight years of age and me and my wife Kelly have been trying for a baby for three years but recently found out she is unfortunately infertile after suffering from PCOS. She lost her job last month and has been unemployed since so all the wages I bring in will go to both of us. I worked in Hugo Boss for five years but I wasn't bringing in a steady income so decided that I needed to change my job."

"Wow!" Alexis replied in genuine shock.

"I too am in a relationship and I have been with my man for five years, but unfortunately he hasn't popped the question yet. I've wanted a baby for a couple of years but because my boyfriend is a few years younger than me, as he's 21, he understandably isn't ready for a baby yet and it's hard finding a happy medium when it comes to serious stuff like that. Now, before you ask, yes, I got with him when he was sixteen but I was only nineteen and technically it wasn't illegal. We didn't even sleep together until his seventeenth birthday!" Alexis said as she sipped her warm drink.

The pair soon moved onto the next room in which Alexis showed Liam around again.