1

The Princess of Arcadia, (Y/N), woke up, groaning as she heard several footsteps coming from different directions. It seemed as if most of the people in the castle were hurrying for an event.

'Is there something important occurring now?' She thought to herself, sitting up.

Right as (Y/N) opened her eyes properly, her personal maid, Nari rushed into the room with a cheerful smile.

'What's going on?' "Glad to see you're awake, (Y/N)! I'm so excited for the trip today!" The maid chuckled, pushing the princess to the bathroom to shower herself.

'Wait, what trip?' "But-" Nari tsked as she started picking the princess' outfit for the day, "No time to waste, princess! We have to be quick, your father's orders."

By the time the duo were in front of the king and queen of Arcadia, the sun could be fully seen. To (Y/N)'s right stood her personal knight, Chenle, and to her left was Nari. To Nari's left was one of the top knights in training, Jisung. All three had been informed the previous night by the king and queen to go with the princess and protect her.

Although the princess didn't need too much protection, as she could take care of herself, there had been rumours of the king and queen's murder being plotted, so they wished to be cautious, in case their daughter would be targeted in the future.

"Mother, father, I wasn't informed of any trips being made."

Nari stared blankly at the princess, before laughing nervously.

(Y/N)'s mother responded, "You four are heading to Dréamina, as we've arranged for you to marry their prince, Jeno. You have a choice, but before you can choose, you have to spend time with each other for at least two weeks to form a bond."

Silence filled the air, making the atmosphere awkward.

"I don't want to go meet this prince, what if he's as bad as all the other suitors?" (Y/N) frowned, muttering as Chenle patted the princess on the shoulder lightly. "I've heard good things about him, but you'll get to see his true colours."

Jisung hummed, shrugging with indifference on his features, "Plus, who knows, what if you guys DO get marr-"

"Mother, father, couldn't you have told me earlier?!" (Y/N) huffed, her cheeks slightly rosier than usual. "Now I need to go pac-"

"No need, dear." The king smiled, "Nari has already packed your belongings."

(Y/N) pouted, stubbornly refusing, "I'm not going."

The next hour contradicted her previous sentence.

"Bye bye, sweetie!" Both parents waved at the princess with a smile, as she hopped into the carriage with a small scowl on her face.

Jisung snickered, "What happened to 'I'm not going'-"