Is it over ?

Golden rays of sunlight reaped through the tiny pores in between leaves, the sun was bright yet not all that intense. The slight breeze could be felt on the back of his neck. He tried to get a grip on reality, was he really here? How did he get here.....

Perspiration was visible on his forehead on this chilly lahori December night. People were shivering in multiple layers while he could feel the heat. It had been all theoretical uptill now , but this was very real. He moved past the terminal , where every loader pounced at him. He forced his way through the rush and made it to a taxi. The air port had been as busy as usual people chattering , excited to receive loved ones , saddened at their departure. What an emotional place airports were. To new beginnings , to letting go, to uncertainty. They reached the bus terminal. The place was crowded, people stepping on each other, hustling , everyone trying to get to their home towns after a hard worked week in lahore, he briskly walked towards the line under the sign ' The City of Saints'. The people weren't used to the cold, hence we having trouble adjusting to it. Shawls , boots, hats, winter brought out all types of fashion. Tea stalls were buzzing, people gathered around for the warmth., rubbing hands together blowing into them. An announcement was made and he was on his way. Being tired, he slumbered.

He woke up in intervals , leaning in and out of consciousness. He struggled up , his back a little stiff from the long flight and now the ride. The surroundings were dim, he peeked outside the window. He kept looking around, staring at the walls trying keep his eyes off his phone. He endlessly waited for it to ring ,beep ,bing, chime. He picked it up , put it down , picked it up. The screen lit. He opened a chat box . He giggled. Nostalgia hit. Back to sadness. Longing. He wanted to see her. Hollow without her , a person devoid of their soul. A shadow. Tears trickles down his cheeks wetting the top of his beard. 9th November the screen read. 9th november, the day of the scorpio queen.

Now he stood where he had planned to. The moment to which all the past few days had built upto. Street vendor were having ball , buisness boomed, the flowers swayed in the breeze , a sight to behold. People started coming out of the fitness centre, there she was ..... Her hair shined in the golden rays with elegant beguile. She was walking towards him with her calm tread , grinning showing off her perfect teeth. The yellow dress made her look heavenly something that can't be encapsulated, her smile ravishing. She was right infront of her. Deep eyes that sparkled. Looking back right at him. He could see himself in them. It was like he wasnt in control. Those gorgeous eyes had left him stunned. She had longed her too She was getting close, he reached out to her silky hair caressing them, as she put her head into his chest, warmth, her was skin radiant and flawless just like her name .... "leeh..... he was about to call her, a name he was dying to say.. " sir! Hello! Here's your coffee " he looked around. The coffe house was in rush hour, teens off school, people off work here to freshen themselves, the robust smell of coffee evident.

His mind had ventured again. The awful act it so frequently made him go through. In his hand was a lit screen. On it was an enchanting sight , a caught moment of what he held most dear. "Happy Birthday" he whispered. " I miss you".

~Mohammad Ahmed.