Smoothie Girls

💪😍

"Ok, now that you dragged me all the way here and we have our smoothies -" Still disgruntled by that little 'surprise,' Blake shook the cup in her hand. "Why are we getting breakfast at a gym?"

"There's nothing wrong with eating a little healthier," Weiss replied while leading Blake over to two barstools situated in front of a narrow countertop. The two best seats in the building, as far as Weiss was concerned. From here, they could look right across the walkway and into the main portion of the gym - treadmills, free weights, and other machines separated from them by nothing more than a pane of glass.

"They only sell smoothies, protein shakes, and giant chocolate chip cookies," Blake pointed out.

"Smoothies are good for you!"

Rolling her eyes at the response, Blake sat next to Weiss and gave her a look.

"You're hiding something."

"Maybe, but you'll see."

Even though Blake hated being kept in the dark, Weiss smiled while sipping her smoothie and glancing at the clock. In a few minutes, Blake would understand exactly why they were here - and it wasn't the flimsy 'gyms are healthy' excuse that Weiss used to convince her out here. Because who in their right mind ate breakfast at a gym they didn't even work out at? Weiss had a reason, and that reason walked through the door moments later.

If gyms were healthy, the way Weiss' heart reacted to the slender brunette by the door was anything but.

"There she is..." Weiss whispered, watching the object of her affection briefly stop to chat with the young man at the front desk. As usual, she had a bright smile and heart-lifting laugh for everyone, while the way she casually ran a hand through her attractively-disheveled hair was bound to garner a few stares.

Weiss was definitely staring at the moment, and her heart started pounding when the brunette walked towards the entrance to the gym. Her gait was fast and confident. Her expression excited and expectant. And her gaze swept across the entryway before falling and locking onto Weiss.

"Hey Weiss!" she said, smiling and waving as Weiss' cheeks promptly flushed. "Morning!"

"Good morning, Ruby," Weiss managed to reply, adding a wave that probably looked just as dorky as it felt. That didn't dampen Ruby's smile though, and she held Weiss' gaze while backing towards the gym door.

"Let me know if you ever need a workout partner! More than willing to spot you."

"Y-yeah, of course," Weiss stammered, and felt her heart flutter when Ruby winked before walking into the gym. The entire interaction lasted only a few seconds, but left Weiss slouching in her chair, trying to catch her breath.

"That's why we're here?" Blake asked from beside her, laughing at the reveal of Weiss' ulterior motive.

"Possibly..." Weiss mused, but it became harder and harder to focus on Blake when Ruby started warming up. First, stretching - which, honestly, Weiss would drive all the way out here just to watch that.

Not only was Ruby flexible - and Weiss meant flexible - but she always picked the best angles to show off every inch of her enviable physique. Or maybe she didn't have any bad angles to begin with...as Weiss had yet to see one that didn't set her imagination free.

"If you're just going to drool over her, why invite me?"

"You'll see," Weiss repeated, hearing Blake's sigh but refusing to turn away as Ruby hopped onto a treadmill for a short warm-up run.

Even at a jogging pace, Ruby's muscles stood out in the most flattering way, making Weiss daydream about what those strong arms and legs felt like. One of these days, she would. All she had to do was summon the courage to accept the invitation, then their relationship could become a little more...physical.