A realization

"Come on! Keep it up!" I heard the coordinator say from the cipher machine she was at. I'd already been containing the Soul Weaver for 180 seconds and started to realize that I'd almost brought the hunter to her. "Focus on decoding!" I replied as fast as I could so that I wouldn't get hit by her sharp legs, which had been modeled after a spider. Violetta used the opportunity to try to make an attack. Noticing this, I sprinted to the nearest pallette and ran behind it, waiting for her to walk through so I could stun her. She saw through what I was doing and walked into it and ran back out as soon as I knocked the palette over.
I looked around and noticed that there weren't any more palettes around so I ran towards the next best area. I ran towards the field as she hit me with her web. It didn't do too much damage but it definitely slowed me down. She placed another web and used it to give herself a speed boost. The distance between us was slowly closing and she managed to attack me. Her claw slashed through my capelet and left a bleeding gash on my shoulder. "Focus on decoding!" I yelled again. I'd been kiting since the beginning of the match and now there were only two ciphers left. While she was recovering from her hit stun I ran to the hay pile and waited for her to chase me. She had decided to not wear her mask during this match and I saw her bright red eyes look at me. She began to walk to me once more, scuttling across the field on all eight of her legs. She was now near me and pulled back so she could land an attack. Knowing that her hitbox wasn't very large I tried to run around her to avoid the attack. It was too late. I had been knocked down and she smiled at me. Her smile seemed so artificial, for all I know it could've been fake just like the rest of her body. I groaned when I saw another gash had been torn in my back. My white button up was now red in the back and soaked in blood.
She paused for a moment, perhaps she was thinking of what to do, and then began to mummify me in her webs. I hadn't noticed before but there was only one cipher left. Luca, not noticing that I was downed, popped the last cipher. "Sorry..." He immediately said, realizing that he had messed up. "Get out of here!" I replied. Though I wouldn't get to escape this round a three person win is better than a two person draw. I saw the outline of Luca running towards me and hurriedly spoke, "The hunter has detention!' Despite my warning he proceeded anyways and immediately got downed. "Sorry..." He said again. I looked at him and saw that she had only hit him instead of using her weapon. A large bruise was starting to form in the middle of his back. He desperately tried to crawl to the exit gate but it was of no use. Fiona and Martha had left once they saw him get downed, perhaps they were settling for a draw. I sighed and watched as the Soul Weaver placed him in the chair right next to me. He yelled as the rocket chair blasted off and sent him back to the Manor. At the same time I felt the mummy coffin around me shrink. I waited to be sent back to the manor and then jumped up once I realized nothing was happening. "What's this now?" I said, confused as to what was happening. Well this certainly hasn't happened before, I thought to myself. I shook off the remaining webs, stood up and stretched.
"Hey Violetta!" I called her name but received no reply. "Hello? I'm right here you don't need to ignore me!" I frowned as she still didn't answer. When I looked closer I noticed that she was running back and forth confused. Guess I'll just find the dungeon so we can get a win. I aimlessly walked around for five minutes before I found it. The dark red door swung open and I jumped inside. I folded my arms over my chest and let myself fall down the chute back to the manor. The trip took a few minutes since the lakeside village was a ways away from the manor.
Once the chute ended I opened the door and walked into the dining hall. The other survivors ignored my return and continued to sit down and mumble. Fiona and Martha sat at the table together with both their heads down. ¨Good match don't you think?¨ They didn't respond at all, not even the position they were sitting in changed. Everyone's ignoring me. I looked around and saw that Luca wasn't at the dining table. I frowned and headed towards his room to tell him that I escaped. I passed a few more survivors but as they paid no mind to me I didn't talk to them either. I reached his door and knocked. No reply. I knocked again, this time slightly harder. I stopped and started to listen. I could hear hushed sobbing and I rushed to open the door. ¨Luca is everything alright?¨ He ignored me and kept crying into the stuffed animal he was holding. I sat down next to him and noticed it was the rabbit I had given him. ¨Luca, you know it's not your fault.¨ I looked around and saw Andrew standing on the other end of the room. He spoke as if he were trying to comfort Luca with his voice. Luca paused his crying for a second and spoke, ¨We aren't supposed to die!¨ He yelled. His voice was raspy from crying but I could tell he was trying to calm down. ¨What are you fools even saying? Nobodies dead you bunch of idiots!¨ Instead of responding to me Andrew spoke again, ¨Luca, it's not our fault! Edgar wasn't meant to die, sure, but we can't just change what happened because we don't like it!¨ His voice was meaner than before. It seemed as if this pointless arguing had been going on for a while now. Wait, did he say my name? A cold sweat dripped off my forehead and I ran to the mirror. I screamed in horror as I looked in the mirror. Looking back at me was absolutely nothing. My reflection didn't appear and I began to shake as I realized the truth. ¨I'm dead.¨ I said aloud. I dropped to my knees and began to sob. All of this effort for nothing. Violetta must've hit me too hard in her frustration. I sat there for a few moments before Andrew spoke again. ¨I've already got the funeral all planned. We'll be burying him tomorrow.¨ I stayed on the ground, too shocked by the realization to even move. I truly am dead.