Moon and Sky

Skylar is starting to pack her clothes because she and her friends are going to spend a few days in a resort in Batangas. This is to celebrate their hard work from all the school works they have done for the whole school year. Since they were in high school, this has been the tradition of Skylar and her friends-- to spend their first days of summer vacation together. They already went to a lot of places in the Philippines and they promised that when they start earning their own money, they'll go outside the country. They only have one school year left until they graduate from college and even though they go to different schools, except Skylar and her twin sister Gabrielle, they still maintained their friendship.

Zylina, one of her friends, video called in their group chat and the moment Skylar answered her phone, she already heard the screams of the girls.

"I'm so excited for this trip, we haven't seen each other for a while," Jezrylle fake cried while also packing her clothes. Skylar saw Kyrine lying on her bed while she and the girls are all packing their things for the trip.

"Kyrine, anong ginagawa mo? Aren't you excited to go to Batangas?" Skylar asked.

"Anong hindi excited? I've already packed my things last week," Ky responded with an accusing tone. They all laughed with her reply and they continued with their tasks while catching up.

The day of the trip came and they all gathered in Sky and Gabrielle's house because Brielle is their assigned driver. They put their bags in the cars and played rock, paper, scissors for who will sit in the shotgun seat. They always do this whenever they ride together because the person in the shotgun seat will be responsible for the music, which will determine the mood for the whole trip. This time, Monday won the rock, paper, scissors so she excitedly went in the car while the others are complaining because they already prepared their playlist.

Brielle started the engine while Monday connected her phone to the stereo. The first song that played was Dancing with your Ghost. They all complained for Monday's first song choice.

"Ano ba 'yan ba't ang senti, may kakagaling lang sa break-up dito oh," Zy laughingly commented and looked at Jez who's busy with her phone and pretended she did not hear anything.

"Okay lang 'yan Jez, si Sky nga 'di man lang nakaranas ng break-up e," Kyrine added to tease her friends. "O edi ako na single since birth at least wala akong iniiyakan," Skylar responded.

"Malay mo, Sky, mahanap mo na pala forever mo sa Batangas 'di ba! Hahanapan ka namin do'n 'wag ka mag-alala," her twin told her to appease her.

After a few hours, they finally arrived at the beach resort. Their scheduled check-in is at 1 P.M. and they arrived early so they still have time to spare. They left their luggage inside their car and only brought their phones and cameras. They decided to look around the resort and take some photos.

They assumed that there will be many people since it's peak season but there are actually fewer than they expected. They went straight to the beach and they were amazed by the white sand and blue sea. There were also a few people taking photos and playing volleyball by the beach.

"Guys, picture tayo dali! Oh my God ang ganda ng sand! Jez picturan mo 'ko!" Zy called Jez who's busy talking with Sky and the two of them are busy watching some men play volleyball. "Kyrine ikaw na nga lang, naghahanap na yata agad ng jowa 'tong dalawa," she handed her film camera to Kyrine.

They were all enjoying the view while taking lots of photos at the same time. Monday and Brielle left the beach side to explore the other parts of the resort. They also found out that the lunch time is until 2 P.M. so they can still have their lunch after checking in.

Among the friends, Brielle acts as the mother of the group because she is the eldest. Since she and Skylar are twins, Skylar is the second eldest of the group but sometimes acts as the youngest. The third one is Jezrylle, followed by Kyrine, Monday, and Zylina as the youngest. Though some are only a few months apart, and the the twins' gap between Monday and Zy is only more than a year, they all have different characters but they complement each other well.