Chapter 1: Forgotten

I am forgotten. A single fish in the entire ocean of mistakes. Though the skies are cloudy, my mind is clear. Where the earth touches the sky is my point of notion.
I am forgotten.
Rotten.
From the core, the soul I once had has now vanished and I am the only blank piece left in this vessel.
Surely.. I was, and am, forgotten.

-Dylan Shrewitt

"What are you writing dork." my sister came in and sat on my bed as I wrote.
"Leave" I said calmly, and as if I screamed at her, she just got up and walked out with a concerned look on her face.
I wonder what that was about.. I got tired, it was almost 9pm and I just did an hour of homework and another of writing.
Suddenly I heard my phone go off, I reached in my pocket and opened the text.
It was mom,

MOM: got groceries come help bring em up please.

I got out of bed and almost collapsed, Just one more thing to do and then you can go to sleep, okay Dylan? I said in my mind. okay I said back.
I jogged groggily down the stairs, outside and helped my mom bring a few bags up.
Some were heavy.. & some were very heavy.
After I helped put groceries away I went straight back up to my room and basically jumped into bed face down into my big puffy pillow I could never do without.
Finally
I closed my eyes and began to envision something.
A vision of my life long crush appeared in my mind.
Violet Hamilton
She is so beautiful, it's like mixing all your favorite things together into one person. I see her look at me sometimes, I just get nervous and look away. I just wish maybe one day I would just grow a pair and talk to her.
I've "known" her since grade school. and when I say "known" I mean I watch over her, stared at, followed, did everything in my power to find out who she likes, dates, dumps and ..protect her I guess. not that she needs any protecting.
Who would wanna hurt such an amazing person.
But it's not in a creepy way. At least not to me.

In my dream she was wearing a white dress.. twirling around smiling.. but someone was with her.. Chad Henderson
Her boyfriend
The "most popular jock at Granger High"
What a tool.
It's a good thing I don't see popularity, it's funny seeing them wriggle and get uncomfortable when I walk to a place that is dominated by one segregated clique. because I belong to no clique.
Either way.. He's a total douchebag and it's sad she can't realize.. it's because she sees the best in people.
Oh how I wish she could see me...
My eyes opened as I jumped up
In my bed, I imagined chad being pushed off the cliff and it felt like I was falling too. Mini heart attack much? I said to myself.
They're actually called hypnagogic jerks, or just Hypnic jerks.
I have a lot of them usually.
And mostly when I have trouble sleeping, which is like.. all the time.

But weirdly enough, I loved the idea of throwing chad off of that cliff.