It hurts to see you there

She faced the mirror with a smile on her face as she put on some make-up and combs her hair.

"FINALLY!" she whispered.

She's excited that.

After a long time, she could meet him again.

Even though it's on a wedding reception, that they'll both attend to, she's still happy for she has now the chance to meet him.

 They were childhood best friends, and also the neighborhood's child sweethearts.

Their last meeting was awful; and they were still teenagers when they parted.

Quarrels?

Nope, they didn't quarrel.

It was their dreams which separated them.

They went to different universities and needed to take their different own paths...

....to have a better future.

They wanted to have better future together.

But they have different paths to take.

She needed to go abroad.

****

The night before she left, as they stare at the wide night sky while sitting at the hilltop under a tree, he asked

"Night sky, this girl, who's very clumsy and naughty, will never forget about me, will her?"

A smile formed on her face.

"Night sky, even if they brainwash me, my heart will never dare to forget the one sitting beside me by this very moment." She answered.

"Really? Then, will she promise to comeback, VERY SOON?" he asked again.

"Yeah, I promise!" she yelled.

They chuckled, knowing how foolish they looked like while indirectly talking to each other.

He gasped and started a conversation.

He needed to tell her before it's too late.

"I've got something I have to admit to you." he started.

"What's it?" she asked curiously and faced him.

"I've betrayed you..."

"WHAT?! In what way" she begins to be upset.

"You know that the worst thing you can do against me is betraying! And you know how I hate traitors! And -----"

before she could end her long speech, he interrupted,

"What can I do?" he paused.

"You've absent-mindedly made me fall for you."

And, she stopped; don't know what to do nor to react.

She just smiled foolishly, hiding the joy she felt inside.

She can't believe of what she has just heard but something inside her excites her.

****

The day has come...

She has to leave.