01. - The Trip

I don't ever ask you where you've been.

t h e t r i p : :

I pushed my finger on the switch to turn the kettle on, before grabbing a brown mug from the cupboard above my head and placing it on the counter in front of me. I yawned, stretching my arms wide, and then found my way to the other side of the kitchen, rubbing my eyes, and grabbing the hot chocolate powder.

Just then, Lila ran down the stairs, hyper and energetic. I don't know how she does it - it is seven in the morning, Lila just got out of bed, and she is wide awake, and doesn't look like something stuck to the bottom of your shoe. Her blonde hair was swept up into a bun at the top of her head, and Lila was wearing a blue tank top and some sweatpants.

I scooped four spoons of the chocolate powder into my mug and then turned to face Lila, an eyebrow raised. "Why're you so happy?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip.

Lila exhaled loudly, staring dreamily at no place in particular. "I have a date with Brent today."

Brent was the 'hot' guy, as Lila called him, at our school. I don't find him good-looking, to be fair. He's a jerk; and never takes any relationship seriously.

My eyes widened. "Lila, why? He's a jerk. He'll play you," I said, seriously. "He'll just take you on a couple dates and then he'll be with another girl."

Lila rolled her eyes. "Lexi, can you not ruin my mood? 'Cause, like, I'm really excited, okay? And he is not like that. You don't know him."

I scoffed. "And you do? You been talking to him for, barely, a week." I shook my head, pouring the boiling water into my mug.

"You know what? I'm just going to leave you and your pessimistic self alone." said Lila, crossing her arms and jogging back up the stairs.

Lila is my older sister, but only by a year. She's older than me, but I still feel that it is my duty to protect her, as she is the clumsiest person ever to live. We went mountain-climbing once, and she nearly fell off of the mountain. She's broken some limbs a few times, too. One of them was when Lila literally ran into the middle of the road, screaming, because she saw some shoes that she liked across the street.

Cliché, I know. But she's like that.

I stirred the spoon in my mug, swiftly, before bringing the mug up to my lips and taking a sip - it was so delectable.

~

I adjusted the strap on my backpack before striding up to the entrance of the school, smiles on my face.

I was a junior at my school, and even though it was a good school, I still dreaded it - and lessons were the only reason. It was an awesome school otherwise; we were treated with trips and parties often.

As I entered, I closed my dripping wet umbrella before walking to my locker, which wasn't far from the entrance, and I pushed the umbrella in.

It was a typical autumn day. It was raining. Right now, it was the middle of October, and the weather was just starting to get colder. I dread the cold - especially autumn. I just dislike the colour orange.

Still tired, I looked over my timetable, which was stuck inside the door of my locker. I had History first; great.

Sighing, I took out an essay I had to do for homework, before walking to my class, staring at the floor.

I looked up; less than twenty steps away was Brent and his friends, Adam and Dylan. They're all jerks, and have been bullying me for the past two years. Lila knows this, but she still stupidly goes out with Brent.

Immediately, as they caught my gaze, I moved my eyes to the floor and walked quickly, trying to pass them.

I was surprised they hadn't uttered something about me. But I soon knew why.

Adam struck his leg a bit out, but quick enough to send me flying to the ground, tripping over his foot.

My hands rapidly left the pieces of papers I was holding and struck to the ground - which was covered in dry pieces of gum. My papers had flown across the corridor; some had snuck under the lockers on my left, some into the classroom on my right, and some were a few metres away, in front of me. I looked up and a crowd started to gather around me, a lot of them snickering, pointing and laughing.

Adam had never really acknowledged my presence. He was usually just there, laughing along with the words Brent had used to make me feel miserable. Dylan usually did the physical actions - pushing me forward, nudging me, tripping me over. But this time it was Adam that tripped me over.

Sitting up, I turned my neck to Adam, and he was laughing. I scowled, and as soon as Adam caught my eye, he stopped laughing. It was as if I could see a hint of sorrow in his eyes.

Adam's brown hair was cut short on the sides, and he was wearing a plain white shirt with some black skinny jeans. His blue eyes shone in the sunlight coming from behind. After a minute, he turned to leave, pulling Dylan and Brent with him.

It was the first time I had really seen Adam's appearance, and wow, was he hot.

~

[a/n]

hiiiiiiii.
so this is just a quick intro to my new book! [i'm not good with summaries, kay?] and I hope you like it. xo