Chapter One

It had been some years since they all graduated, but they made sure to plan a reunion at least every year. It was something everyone looked forward to. Sure they all kept in touch, the group chat they made back in high school was still there for updates and planning. They all had their own lives now, some joined together and created agencies, others had joined pre-existing ones with close friends.

Even in their busy lives it wasn't odd to get a text or call from someone every now and then, but for Kaminari to be calling her? He doesn't normally call. Maybe a text but never a call, is something wrong?

"Hey Kami, everything okay?"

"Hey Tsuyu- um..do you happen to be busy?" His voice over the line was hushed yet urgent, something rare for Kaminari. Sure she had some minor shopping to do, but that could wait until her next day off.

"No I'm off today, why? Is something wrong?"

"I guess that's one way to put it. Can you get over here? I'll text you the address, we just need you here as soon as you can." We?

"Uh, yeah. Let me grab some pants and I'll be on my way." She fibbed. She was still in her clothes from yesterday when she came home late from the agency.

"Thanks so much Tsu, see you in a bit!" The call ended with a click, Tsuyu rushing to get a quick shower and clothes. In the scramble to get out of her apartment, she had the sense to grab the emergency kit she keeps above the counter. She practically flies down the stairs, checking her phone and heading across town to the address Kami sent.

After a quick 'I'm here' message and a buzz in to the apartment building, she's racing up steps again until she's in front of the apartment number Kami sent her. Her heart pounding in her chest, she doesn't know what to expect on the other side of the door. The knock causes hushed voices on the other side of the door, soft steps approach until familiar yellow eyes peek out to see who's there.

"Oh thank god, just a second."

The door is swiftly closed with a click, more hushed whispers ensue until she's quickly ushered in. The small space opens up into a commons area with a small kitchen off to the side. The shades had been closed and lights turned off, the only light coming from an overhead fixture above the small kitchen sink. It takes her eyes a moment to adjust, her view of the commons being blocked by the yellow omega.

"I got here as fast as I could, what's going-"

The scent blindsides her. A heavy, crisp woodsy scent that's almost over bearing. And she knows that it's not coming from Kami. She recollects herself, now even more confused why she would be brought here during someone's heat. She's careful to keep her tone even and low. "Kaminari what-"

"I'm sorry Tsu, he just kept asking for you and I didn't know what else to do. I thought it would just be best to ask you to come."

Who was asking for her? During their heat? Doesn't an omega usually want an alpha when they're in heat? "Kami, who? Who's asking for me?" She was racking her brain trying to think of who they both know that would want her there, nothing seeming to connect. She could tell Kami was trying to keep himself calm as well, he mumbled something before stepping to the side to let her fully see the commons area.

The sight made her stomach feel strange. Side tables and other small furniture had been moved to the far side of the room out of the way, the floor and part of the couch were covered in blankets and clothes in a hurried makeshift nest. In the dim light she could make out a figure in the nest, curled up as if around something.

She glanced at Kami before setting down the kit she brought and slipping off her shoes. She took slow, light steps closer until she could make out who it was in the nest. Her heart felt like it stopped, but the heartbeat pounding in her ears told her otherwise. Curled up in the nest was their friend from high school, causing even more confusion and rattled thoughts.