prologue

Nakakarindi.

Magulo.

The ear-splitting sound of sirens and emergency responses is ripping my ears off.

"Pakibilis Ate! maabutan na nila tayo!" Rhian can't help to panic and made her pace faster.

I was trying my best to catch up with her but my leg was severely injured, I was hit by an officer we meet and have clashed earlier. I have many bruises and contusions but my leg hurts the most and distracting me from fleeing.

"Mauna ka na muna Rhi, I have something to do." I have no choice but to give up running, she's meters away from me when she notice I was yelping in pain and bawling my eyes out.

I was sweating so hard and trying to catch my breath as if that's the only thing that I can do in this very crucial time.

We're running away.

Escaping

From this hell.

"No! Gian told me not to leave and--"

But I think I can't bust out, I'm way to exhausted too walk.

"Rhian Listen to me! You need to get out kid, so you can expose these trashy Institute, I'm giving my hopes to you. I know you can do it without your seniors---NOW GO!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and with my frail hands, I gave her the flash drive which contains the confidential and filthy secret things of this disgusting Institute.

She looked very alarmed and having a dilemma in her mind that I can hear her uncollected and uncontrollable thoughts.

Ye-- n-no! I can't leave her here

Shit Rhian do something!

I can't help to sigh with her panicking mode. I link my mind with hers and started to build a chant at her mind.

'Get out '

In just a blink of eye, she turned her back at me and continue running. That's when I feel the racking and searing pain in my forehead. I could feel the hot dripping blood on my nose and how my body ache worsen.

I languidly lean my back beside of the door of the lab, gasping for air, I could hear all the shouts of plea and appeals of people like me, the non-stop banging of guns of the officers, people yelling and begging the officials to give them another chance. Promising they won't run and plot against them again in this abode of damned.

I hate it.

We're much powerful than them, why we can't fight them?

"Oh what a view, the first person who withstand and opposed our Institution, look at you now. Pathetic." I threw dagger looks to someone who has spoken, as it slowly made an entrance walk and stop in front of me.

I checked my body condition.

I can move, I can beat it to death.

With a swish move I calculated, made to tackle and attack the foe, it creates a hissing sound and a loud thud on the ground, But then my feet left in thin air when I was struck by a syringe. Caught off guard, I stared with wide eye to someone who stab me.

No, Rhian.

As I feel how the paralizing agent succumb my entire being, I've seen her sinister smile and incline her head on the human size robot beside her.

Traitor.

My eyes felt heavy and sagged, I was fighting the drowsiness I'm feeling. But I can't.

Before I let go at the last string that keeps me awake, I heard them saying.

"You're still like before, poignant and unappreciative lady."

---

THE BREACH.