Finding Ourselves

For reference she's 15 in this chapter
"Christian!" His mother called out. He went downstairs to see what she needed. Unfortunately for him, he was wearing his aunts skirt that she let him have. "Chris, What on God's green earth are you wearing?" She asks in a disapproving tone. "An old skirt Aunt Be-" "Don't say her name!" He looks down. "Mother I'm a girl. My name is Catherine not Christian." SLAP the sound rung through her ears and the pain rippled through her cheek. Her mother had slapped her because of a skirt. "OUT YOU T**NNY" Catherine walked out with nothing but the clothes on her back. Her blue t-shirt that was at least two sizes too small and her black skirt was down to her knees. While she was running away she found a girl no older than her sobbing at someone's door. Despite her ill fitting clothes she ran to the girl.

"What's your name?" "Katherine" "Oh that's my name too." "How old are you?" "13"
She found herself noticing everything about this girl from her bright green eyes with specks of blue to the freckles dusted across her face.

Soon a heavily pregnant woman in a yellow dress walks up to them. "Do you two need somewhere to stay?" She asks. Cathy nods and Katherine shrugs. "Alright well my name is Catherine and my girlfriend and I would be happy to take you in. We have a woman a little older than you and another person who's a little older than her." She says and Cathy smiles at the option of not starving. "My name is Catherine too but you can call me Cathy." The older woman smiles and holds her hand. "And she is?" She asks "I'm Katherine but call me Kitty" the woman helps us up and brings us to her house.