A New Beginning - Chapter One

Oikawa Tooru, 18, 6'0, volleyball player. Position, setter. Etc---

Oikawa reads the papers in his head as he looks over them. It's his first day in Aoba Johsai. He transfered from a different city, and is now going to the school Aoba Johsai. He's nervous and somewhat anxious about meeting other's, but also a bit excited. Back in the city he was in, it was horrible to him. Bad memories flood in his head constantly. Because of what happened back then. But this a new beginning, and a chance to make new memories.

"I'm heading out Mom!" Oikawa yells as he places a piece of milk bread in his mouth as he slings his bag over his shoulder excitedly.

"Alright, have a good day Tooru!" She says with a big smile on her face as Oikawa rushes out.

Oikawa then starts heading down the sidewalk to school. As he nervously taps his bag while he walks. Oikawa is a bit of an overthinker, so going to a new school, with new people he doesn't even know, makes him anxious. But like it was mentioned, he's also excited. It's these two emotions mixed together for him.

Mom said this school was a good one.. She also said there should be a few kids I could get along with.. But I'm somewhat doubting that statement.

Oikawa shakes his head to snap himself out of thought as he notices the school gates come into view. A small smile appears on his features as he rushes through the gates and he glances around. Taking in the form and structure. Oikawa notices two girls look at him a giggle as they whisper to each other. Oikawa, feeling a bit insecure now, rushes inside the school to get away from the two girls staring and maybe even laughing at him.

Did I have something on my face- Am I not looking the best today.? When am I ever though- And what were they talking about.? Was it something I said-

Oikawa snaps out of thought as a smaller male bumps into him and he stumbles to catch himself. But the smaller male falls to the ground as he small groan comes from him as he hits the ground. Oikawa immediately turns around and he quickly helps the other onto his feet.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I didn't see you.. I should've moved out of the way." Oikawa says as the raven haired male shakes his head.

"Don't apologize. It wasn't your fault. I was the one to bump into you in the first place. I should be the one apologizing." The smaller male speaks. Oikawa just shakes his head.

"Don't worry about it! It's nothing really, I just think I could've seen you and moved out of the way" Oikawa then says. The raven haired male sighs.

"Things happen. It's nothing." The male puts his hands into his pockets as he looks up at the taller male. Oikawa looks down at the other with a smile.

"Yeah.. You're right. Uh- Again I apologize" The smaller male shrugs.

"It's alright." Oikawa then smiles widely.

"Hey- Before you go, can I have your name?" Oikawa quickly asks. Almost immediately feeling regret.

"Sure, it's Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi Hajime." The smaller male says. Oikawa nods.

"I'm Oikawa! Oikawa Tooru" The brunette keeps his smile at the other as Iwaizumi then smiles a bit as well.

"Are you new at all? I don't recall seeing or hearing your name from around here." Iwaizumi asks, a bit of curiosity being apparent.

"Actually, yeah I'm new! I just moved here a while back. I transfered from a different city. It's my first time here" Oikawa admits, Iwaizumi then tilts his head.

"Really? That's surprising. Normally people from different cities go to Shiratorizawa." Iwaizumi rolls his shoulders back, hearing a small crack. Oikawa shrugs.

"It didn't seem like the right kind of school though, which is one of the reasons why I came here." Oikawa says with a shrug. Iwaizumi nods.

"Well, I guess it's good to meet you. You seem kind of nice." Iwaizumi says, looking at the other. Oikawa smiles lightly.

"It's good to meet you too" Iwaizumi then nods at thr other's words.

"Since you're new, and will most likely get lost in this place, I'll be here if you need some assistance. Just don't try and do it yourself." Iwaizumi says, with a stern but calm voice. Oikawa nods.

"Alright! Will do, and thank you. I appreciate it" Iwaizumi then hums in response as he walks off, waving at the other. Oikawa waves back, and as soon the other leaves, he begins to squeal quietly.

I did it! I made my first friend here..