Chapter One Sneaky Bastard

A year ago I didn't know where I would be, or what I'd be doing. Actually, things were really crazier than I ever imagined. With prayers and the will of God, my family and I made it through. I can't believe he thought he'd get away with fooling me, Jerald had it all wrong. I was one step ahead, once I found out; two can play this game. Pulling through such a stressful time was a piece of cake when it was all said and done. All along, without even knowing it God had a better plan for me. Today I'm happy and it's hard to look back at all the pain and deception I endured for so many years. They say "You never miss a good thing until it's gone"? Well, when it's no good for you, it's better off being gone! I never knew how jacked up my life was when I was with him. He told me lies, cheated on me, and did numerous things behind my back that I had no clue. Then the one person, who always wanted me, stood by and waited for me to come around. It's scary how things happen, but in my life, it's awesome how thing's turn out. Take it from me if it doesn't look right 9 times out of 10, it's not. When your heart says one thing it's not necessarily true. Some time's your mind is telling you the truth, because often following your heart can get you hurt physically and mentally. Here's my story-

5:30p.m. Casey walked through the Building of K&H law firm, where she had been an assistant for six years.

"Goodnights fellas" Casey waved goodbye to Mr. Colin the C.O; as well the CEO Mr. Hirst.

"Good night Casey" Both gentlemen responded as they watched Casey exit the building!

           Two of the top attorney's in Ohio; Casey had remained dedicated and loyal to year after year. Making a substantial amount of money, and having a promising career; this was one thing in her life that was going right. While walking out the revolving doors; she rolled her eyes, her day wasn't over yet. After filing papers, making appointments, and recording notes for her employers. She still had to wait for her ride, so happened that day her vehicle was being maintenance.

      "Damn"! Digging in her purse for her cellular phone. She dialed her fiancé, Jerald Pelion.

"What's up Babe"? he answered, after four long rings.

"You're late as usual"! Casey screamed into the phone. "I'm ready to go home; it's been a long day J.P."! 

"I'll be there in ten minutes" Jerald giggles to annoy Casey. "I just got out the shower love; we had a busy day too, at the shop"

Never taking anything serious; everything was ha ha funny to him. Casey was boiling mad at this point, He constantly pissed her off. Jerald had a lot going on in his life. She always felt as if he made her a last priority. Living with him was a constant battle. Holding on with all she could. Not knowing that she had way more to offer to someone who'd love her much better. A mother of two beautiful little girls. Cienna, Jerald and Casey's only child together she was eight.

      Cadrina who was thirteen; her Father had been deceased since before she was born. Casey and Cadrina's Father Michael dated on and off through High School. He took Casey's virginity her Senior year; He was a loving, passionate Man. They both decided to attend the same College after graduating; and fully committed . Casey finished college and immediately moved into her first home with Michael. He was a few years older and was very mature and motivated in life. Michael didn't want Casey to work; he provided enough income as the Treasury of the State and also the basketball coach for Columbus University. She was 23 when she got pregnant with Cadrina and living a pretty decent life. Being an honest hard working man; Michael took very good care of Casey.

        Late one evening in the fall of 1996; Casey had just got in from a prenatal checkup. Preparing dinner; she expected Michael to be home at any moment. Startled by a loud knock at the door. She answered the door in confusion. Standing at the door was a tall State Highway Patrol officer. It was cold, rainy and eerie; Casey knew that officer had nothing good to say. Closing her eyes preparing for the worse.