Chapter 1: Rainy London Days

When I opened my eyes today I felt different. I knew something was about to change.

„Isla, my dear, you need to get up", my governess Cecile shouted from behind the door. I was still in bed, soaking up the warmth and comfort until the last minute possible. I knew I had to get ready soon though, it was almost seven o'clock and I couldn't be late for breakfast again. That is why I, reluctantly, got up and opened the door just to see Cecile's frustrated face. „Hurry now, my dear", she told me while opening my dressing room. She picked out a freshly-washed kilt, my Monday blouse and a pair of knee-length socks. I truly hated my uniform, but I obliged and put it on. Cecile then brushed my hair, it was wavy today because I'd worn a French braid over night, and they fell beautifully. I had always liked being a blonde because my hair shines like gold in the sun.

„Good Morning Darling, come sit down. I'm glad you decided to be punctual today. How was your sleep?", my mother asks as I entered the dining room. Numerous platters of fruit and pastries were already on the table, waiting to be eaten. As I sat down, hungrily, I answered my mother: „Good Morning, mum, I had a good night's sleep, thank you. You're right, I have come to the conclusion that a few extra minutes of sleep just aren't worth missing breakfast with you." When my mum nodded with satisfaction, I smiled at her. It was hard to make her proud. Then she finally pointed at the food, and announced that I shall eat.

„Ms. Montgomery, do you know the answer to the second question?", my math teacher Mr. Robertson asked me. I was good at math, so naturally I replied with the correct solution, and got a smile from him. As the class went by, my focus started to wear off and I got the funny feeling from this morning again. I felt as though something was about to happen, and suddenly I started feeling unwell. My friend Alicia noticed and asked Mr. Robertson if we could go to the toilet. She helped me up and I followed her out of the class. I now felt incredible dizzy and everything was spinning. I looked at Alicia and all I saw was panic and confusion. I wasn't sure what was happening so I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. When I opened them, I smelled parchment, mint, and a subtle scent of cologne.

————————————————————————

A/N: how did you like the first chapter? Any suggestions? Also, let me know what you think of the cover, I'm trying to improve it :)